Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new site published...

Hey friends,

Thanks to everyone that helped me through a slightly frustrating beginning to my site. Work and family life has kept me on my toes and away from the comp longer than I expected, but I got the majority of my site up for everyone to see.

If y'all would like to, go ahead and sign my guestbook and/or e-mail me with feedback. I know my site is far from perfect, but if something looks completely bad on your end and you think I might have to fix/adjust something, just holla back at me.

Just to let you all know, I designed this on a PC using mozilla firefox as my primary browser. I've seen it on IE, but still not on any kind of Mac or other browsers yet, so I wonder if the frames will all work, etc.

I hope it's an okay site. Just wanted to get something out there to advertise a bit. :)

Thanks guys!
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Re: new site published...

Hi George,

Well done! That looks fantastic, a really professional job and then all those videos (I love the end of the world one). I couldn't find anything amiss with it, it all worked nice and smoothly, I wish I could get to half that standard.
    Nice one
    Nick

Comment

Hi George,

Your site is wonderful, well done.
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Good job George,
        The 2004 videos loaded but did not play, the others loaded very quickly.
        Like the quick notes pad, cool site.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I agree with ALL the above and reading a little about your past I think that your site will get even better as time goes on.....

Have fun George and family.....
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Nice site. Nice choice of colour. Very smooth and professional looking.
            Trish
            www.Limebrook.com
            www.MountainWalk.co.uk
            www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
            www.TucsonForBeginners.com
            www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

wow... thanks guys!! This makes me very happy that you all like it. I'm excited to get it finished and polished.

Yeah, I took some time and planned this out in advance. I also browsed LOTS of websites out there and used fragments of others to mold together what I wanted in mine.

Thanks again everyone.

:)
              George
              www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
                Good job George,
                The 2004 videos loaded but did not play, the others loaded very quickly.
                Like the quick notes pad, cool site.
                Yeah, thanks... I do have to fix those. I am using YouTube and the files I uploaded were just bad files and need to be replaced and re-uploaded.

And the video pages were just kinda "thrown" together to get a start. I plan to add many more of what are my fav vids and just some fun stuff I like. I also have to get some of my home videos that I have (some personal and some from work related/music stuff) and transfer them to my comp. Though, I don't know how to do that yet.
                George
                www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

I'm coming back to see all videos. Nice professional look, nice colours and the notebook with "news" looks great.
                  Good luck.
                  Smile and enjoy life
                  Www.allfarida.com

Comment

I waited a while before sharing with you....hope you don't mind!

I appreciate eveything you've done: you've taken a "hard concept" and refined it with superb style and attention to detail that is simply inspiring!
                    You have blended the art and the function of website development perfectly, and stand out as one of the best examples of the power of the VodaHost opportunity.
                    Congratulations!
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                      I waited a while before sharing with you....hope you don't mind!

I appreciate eveything you've done: you've taken a "hard concept" and refined it with superb style and attention to detail that is simply inspiring!
                      You have blended the art and the function of website development perfectly, and stand out as one of the best examples of the power of the VodaHost opportunity.
                      Congratulations!
                      Wow... this means so much. I wish I could have e-mailed you rather than post a reply, but thank you for your kind words. I am just amazed at the responses I've gotten for my website and I'm still fairly new at all this.

I owe a LOT of thanks to VodaHost and their BlueVoda web design software... it is so easy to use and I couldn't be happier with the result. And as I sat at home all day yesterday (with no internet due to bad weather knocking it out) I found out some new tricks and I hope to implement them into my site someday.

But thank you so much for your words... I appreciate it more than you know. :)

My best,
                      George
                      www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Re: new site published... added a forum!!

Hi everyone,

I need some help on a couple things.

First off - I started a forum page. I don't know exactly WHY yet, but I was just hoping to make it a sorta fun and relaxed place to post little ditty stuff about whatever. If any of you wanna come by and be part of it, go right ahead. I'm not expecting it to be anything huge. Right now there's just me and a couple friends, and one person I don't know. :) But it's still just for fun and hopefully will bring some folks over to procrastinate some.

Also, I created a logo for the forum page, but I'm not sure I like it. You know when you look at something for so long you start to get sick of it? Well, I spent a lot of time playing with different ideas and trying this or that... this logo is what I came up with:

I think it's ok, but I wanted some outside opinions. I'm not much of a logo designer yet. I'm trying to create one for me as well so I can have more of an "identity" if you know what I mean.

Next thing I need help with, I've mentioned before that I have a hi resolution set on my comp (1920x1200) and I keep forgetting that things that look small on my comp are huge on some others. I added a bunch of pictures over the past few days and I am wondering if someone could check them out and let me know if they are way too big or whatnot.

I set the feature to open them in a pop-up window. It might not be the most efficient, but I'm trying this out to see how it works.

Click here for the pictures page.

And finally, what about my links page? is it too cluttered? should I make the icons/pics smaller and spread more? Again, I have big screen, high res, so it all looks fairly small (normal) to me.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate any feedback you can give. :)
                        George
                        www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Excelant site, very good disgn job.

Comment

George...excellent absolutley brilliant site. I am soooo blown away and truly impressed. Went a head and signed your guestbook and realy looking forward to going back.
                            bzzz
                            Beezz
                            sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Nice site. It is put together very well. I probably should not have looked at it, now I will have to go back to the drawing board. Its really nice. Good luck.
                              David
                              David B
                              LGD Design Innovations
                              www.lgddesign.com
                              david.bennett@lgddesign.com

Comment

Working...
                              X