• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vodayoda
    Sergeant First Class

• May 2006

Re: Please! Suggestions wanted!

Originally posted by Lgddesign01
    Not bad. Some of the backround font was unreadable. Site is cool though.
    David
    Hi David,

Are you talking about the background words on the home page? If so, are they unreadable because they are too light or for some other reason?

Thanks for clarifying, it looks fine on my computer but I would like to fix it if possible. Also, does the "unreadability" affect your ability to read the other text on the page?

Thanks for helping!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Annie--(or is it Yoda??)--

You fixed it really great. (Don't bother about Dave's mention about "background"....methinks he doesn't get the artistic concept).
      BUT >>> He does bring up a good point: maybe now is the time to go to your link styles and re-tint your links 2-3 levels darker....you can keep the same color, but a shade or two darker will not only allow a greater level of legibility, but not allow them to be associated with your undertone background....set the contrast 2 shades lighter than content, and the difference in link color a shade or two darker will be perfect. Try it....you might like it when you see it!

After that....stand back and simply let it be. For at least a week!
      LOL

Really great job!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Dream Lady
        Major General

• Feb 2006

I love the look of your site. Everything loads fast for me on IE4 and DSL.
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• vodayoda
          Sergeant First Class

• May 2006

[QUOTED: You fixed it really great. (Don't bother about Dave's mention about "background"....methinks he doesn't get the artistic concept).
          BUT >>> He does bring up a good point: maybe now is the time to go to your link styles and re-tint your links 2-3 levels darker....you can keep the same color, but a shade or two darker will not only allow a greater level of legibility, but not allow them to be associated with your undertone background....set the contrast 2 shades lighter than content, and the difference in link color a shade or two darker will be perfect.]

Why, thank you! I was amazed by how shifting things just a bit, made it SO much better...that was excellent advice! :)

RE: David's comment, I hope he replies...I WOULD like to hear what was happening. Early-on I sent a link to a friend of mine in the Netherlands (to help with my highly creative spelling) and for some reason on his system there were tons of text issues and big white squares which did not appear on any other computers. Lesson learned for me! :)

OK, that's a good point, I will tackle the links next. I think it might be harder than it sounds because I seem to recall just picking a single color (gray) out of a word list. I don't remember seeing option for shading. If I can't figure it out, I will come back for a little more guidance, yes?

Thanks again for your help!

A. Yoda? :)

Comment

Working...
          X