Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I AM shy but would still like constructive crits!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I AM shy but would still like constructive crits!

I've completed "phase 1" of my website. It's basically got most of the information I want out there. Both product's pages will have to improve. Oh and one is high in graphic content, so I won't be offended if you don't hand around in that particularly page!

I would really appreciate reading what you think of my site so far. Vodahost/Blue Voda has been such a boon for me. I don't think I would ever have got something together without them! The video tuts have been clear, replayed many a time! And this forum, well I think most people have asked the questions I wanted to!

Many thanks.

www.tiamats.co.uk

Re: I AM shy but would still like constructive crits!

Looks good...easy to navigate...a bit heavy in graphics.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi!
      I think your site is beautiful. You have done an excellent job so far. It suits your purpose perfectly and is a very welcoming and relaxing place to visit. I love the use of colour, the images and it was easy to navigate. I think you should consider giving your visitors control of the music as some people don't like music on a website. I look forward to seeing it develop further. Very well done and congratulations on getting it published. Good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Your site is very nice and all of your links seem to work fine.

Some tweaking that you might consider to make it easier for your visitors. For example, make sure your pages do not have horizontal scrolling.

On your home page your text and graph could be aligned and once you enter the site I could not find a "home" button. You did place a "back" and "next" at the bottom.

Good luck.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

It is a beautiful site. You have created a site very intune with what you are all about. The only thing I felt was that having been relaxed by your use of colour and transitions, your news and info page woke me up with a start! This should blend in with the rest of your site!

Great job though!
          Trish
          www.Limebrook.com
          www.MountainWalk.co.uk
          www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
          www.TucsonForBeginners.com
          www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Very good, just a bit wide which means a bit of side scrolling. I like the fractal pictures I may have a go later with some of those downloads. Nice job, good work!

Comment

Wonderful comments! Thank you very much for taking the time out to look at my site. Your tips and comments are so appreciated. What I did not realise was my side scroll bars eat into the page size. I had selected 1024 x 768 as my page size. What I'm going to do is resize my resolution whilst I work on the site, so that I get a better idea of what others can see with a small screen, as I'm currently working with a 17" 1280 x 1024 (I think!) resolution.

I hadn't realised my main page text and image wasn't aligned properly, as it appeared ok to me. I've looked at it and see the problem so that is now being amended! Also it looks bigger than it needs to be. Hmmm not worked out how to turn off the music, it was a pure fluke putting it on in the first place LOL!.... but will sort that too.

Unfortunately, not sure what to do about the heavy graphics pages! It's part of what I do. Do I make the thumbnails smaller? I think they are only 15k each at the moment. Or should I only put a few on and make links to more pages? In time, each bottle on the Colourworks products' page will have a link to their individual definitions and improved photography!!

Do you reckon my advert/info on workshops is too 'loud' then limebrook? You would prefer the turquoise background?

Nick you will LOVE creating fractals! Have a look at www.electricsheep.org. Download that as a screensaver, and whilst you sleep, your computer will create fractals. You can even vote on the ones you like and dislike!

I did wonder about the inclusion of a "home" button....then opted for "back" and "next".

Again thanks chaps and chapesses!!
              www.tiamats.co.uk

Comment

Really, really nice site.

Not into Tarot myself but very well presented, clear and colourful! Love it!

Pictures are stunning, Page does take a few secs to load, but then i'm on 6 meg Broadband. Possibly make a few pages? less pictures on each page?

Who am I to say, my site has hundreds of pictures!LMAO!
                It did work for me on the individual pricing pages though...
                Marc Sanders

Currently working on: www.fakeitbikinistore.co.uk
                Messenger: tealc_of_chulak********.com

My philosophy: keep your friends close, enemies closer.....!

Comment

Very peaceful harmonious site..that's the best way to describe it for me and very much makes me think of mysticism. good job.

bzzzz
                  Beezz
                  sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

I like your background, Of coures your colors are complementry and add to the pages continuity. I really like the way your text forms a chalice in the Index page, but you need a lot of gramatical editing. I was just about to enter " candels" when the under construction came up so couldn't view that. I personally don't like to scroll and prefer the 600w format. been working on reediting for about 2weeks between spelling, and hunt and peck typing I think I'm much slower than most.

P.S. The music is very fitting.

Comment

Many thanks for the comments, Marc, beegud & circuspet. I take on board the idea of splitting my images into more pages.

Harmonious...I like that! Cheers :)

"A lot of grammatical editing"? Hmmm Couldn't find the "candels" you refer to. The links where I've got the marker for 'under construction' do still work. I used that gif just to let people know I'd be messing about around there adding more links over time.

Added a site map on each page, rather than home...again as more bits & bobs get added, I thought that was a simple way of keeping visitors (and myself) on the right track.

I've opted for 960w for the moment. That may change as my site develops, who knows!! :)
                      www.tiamats.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X