My website #1 on google key terms only 4wks old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My website #1 on google key terms only 4wks old

Nope, no pop ups or unders or overs,, nada. As far as changing my page to present better content on how to make an actual lure.. that's in the making right now.

Now, I think my unique page views are coming from bigfish, fishnav, etc.. at the bottom of my page. I'm not obsessed with hits,, I'd rather have content vs hits. When I made this page the last thing I was thinking was keyword ranking so on so forth.. I did it for fun. I came to this forum to find out information.. ie like what, where, why. You see, I'm not a webmaster nor do I want to be one. I was just curious on how the internet works.

By the way.. I'm not your Dude! If you would like to address me.. it's Wade still has four letters just not as rude.

Comment

Good grief! A guy comes here looking for constructive feedback and people want to beat him up. Play nice, his site is new and he's still learning.

Wade, I'm getting a pop up on your site as well, you might want to look at the most recent scripts you've added to find the culprit. Overall, a job well done and over time, you're gonna make it better and better. Have fun with it.
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Racefan,

I don't get a popup when I go to it. I don't know where it's coming from. How could I tell? I would appreciate any help.

Wade

Comment

Racefan,

One more question. How did you put a forum on your website?

Wade

Comment

Not sure what to tell you about the popup, Wade. You might want to delete cookies and temporary internet files in your browser and then see if it opens for you.

As far as a forum goes, just log into your Cpanel, look for the big blue smiley face marked Fantastico, open that and scroll down the left side until you see phpBB2. It'll be a lot more bare than mine, but it's a starting point. It's a very simple install.

I just revisited your site - have you changed anything? I didn't get the popup this time.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Racefan,

Yea I found the pop up. It was a banner ad called traffic zap. It's a traffic exchange site, and I thought it might be useful. I don't like popups and when I signed up for the ad, the prorgram didn't state anything about a popup. Needless to say, it's gone. I really appreciate your help. Also I like your web site, NASCAR and fishing go hand in hand. I go to Texas Motor Speedway every year to watch. This year due to Nursing School I won't be able to. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Wade

Comment

Originally posted by wade4u
                Racefan,

Yea I found the pop up. It was a banner ad called traffic zap. It's a traffic exchange site, and I thought it might be useful. I don't like popups and when I signed up for the ad, the prorgram didn't state anything about a popup. Needless to say, it's gone. I really appreciate your help. Also I like your web site, NASCAR and fishing go hand in hand. I go to Texas Motor Speedway every year to watch. This year due to Nursing School I won't be able to. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Wade
                We'll have a new site up soon that you may be interested in. Stay tuned, and good luck to you.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hope I didn't hit on you too hard - just want you to have the best you can - and I would like to see you getting traffic on the phrases people are searching for that will help you. You can see where people are coming from by going into your Control Panel and looking at your web statistics. They are really good to know. If you want a little more information - I recommend www.statcounter.com - the free version will give you the last 100 pages loaded from your website. I use this on all my sites - although with awstats - it's not as necessary - but I'm used to it and like how some of the stats show.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
                    Good grief! A guy comes here looking for constructive feedback and people want to beat him up. Play nice, his site is new and he's still learning.
                    Apparently, everyone missed my earlier post in which I defended Wade's site design and use of carefully chosen Google Ads to enhance his relevancy rankings......

Monitoring Wade's progress is another way I demonstrate support not only for him, but so I can gather insight across the board as to what seem to be common challenges and glitches, avoiding them personally and being able to offer streamlined solutions to my peers.
                    >> When a exit pop-up appeared, I was shocked, for it was such a departure from his clearly defined theme and progress. A 'heads-up' with justification was what I felt was necessary for immediate attention-getting.

And, I still think that most people do not understand the difference between "Hits" and "Page Views" and how to create the necessary efforts to achieve optimal results....and I think that's why others have repeatedly taken the time to offer insight and suggestions to not be too tightly focused on misunderstood metrics.....

As far as being "rude," I suppose a degree of familiarity was inappropriately taken for granted, and for that I apologize to Wade, and hope that he continue to share his progress freely.
                    I will personally refrain from further liberties, and from commenting in this Forum.
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                      Apparently, everyone missed my earlier post in which I defended Wade's site design and use of carefully chosen Google Ads to enhance his relevancy rankings......

Monitoring Wade's progress is another way I demonstrate support not only for him, but so I can gather insight across the board as to what seem to be common challenges and glitches, avoiding them personally and being able to offer streamlined solutions to my peers.
                      >> When a exit pop-up appeared, I was shocked, for it was such a departure from his clearly defined theme and progress. A 'heads-up' with justification was what I felt was necessary for immediate attention-getting.

And, I still think that most people do not understand the difference between "Hits" and "Page Views" and how to create the necessary efforts to achieve optimal results....and I think that's why others have repeatedly taken the time to offer insight and suggestions to not be too tightly focused on misunderstood metrics.....

As far as being "rude," I suppose a degree of familiarity was inappropriately taken for granted, and for that I apologize to Wade, and hope that he continue to share his progress freely.
                      I will personally refrain from further liberties, and from commenting in this Forum.
                      I didn't miss any of the posts and I think you've offered some valuable insight. My issue was with the way that insight was offered. It takes a lot of courage to post a website here and open it for feedback from all and it's important we respond in a manner which won't put the person off the idea of site building altogether.

Remember, the written word can look a lot different on the other end from how it looks on yours.
                      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X