Getting started - need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started - need help

Hello all. Found Blue Voda on line and it sounds great, have looked over all tutorials , etc, but I am truly lost.
    I want a commerce web site but don't want that shopping cart look. I see features to build the site - but no oscommerce in start up. I read one string where the person said they had not added it when published , and now it is too late? Sorry - I am frustrated and lost.
    Other issue - I keep trying to build table with images in cells, but if I resize, I get a string of duplicate pictures.
    If anyone can help me get started , I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks,
    Claudia

Re: Getting started - need help

Hi,

I'm not too familiar with the shopping end of things but oscommerce can be downloded from your cpanel in the fantastico section. After that ..hopefully someone more knowledgeable can assist in getting you up and about.
    Shout if you need more help.

bzz
    Beezz
    sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks, I will look into it.
      Claudia

Comment

If you don't want the look of everyone else, then you really don't want to build using a template driven cart like oscommerce. I'm not sure what look you want, but you can use BV to build your site - and use an external shopping cart - like paypal, mal's ecommerce or cart manager. This gives you more design control. Soho doesn't look quite like most of the other templates, and you can use it with BV also. You have a ton of options - the decision is which one is for you?
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

There has been a lot said about shopping carts. Some appear to be better than others. For ideas look at some of the sites in VodaHost, there are many shopping carts some free and others paid for.

I created my own shopping pages and then tied into to PayPal. You have a couple of options with them i.e. standard or premium carts, etc. By the way, I created my shopping cart about halfway through, don't think the order altered the results.

Good luck.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks foryour responses. I will keep working on this.
            Claudia

Comment

I had the same issues when I first started...I found osCommerce very complicated. Someone suggested I try mals-e shopping cart---I'll make the same reccomendation to you. (http://www.mals-e.com) Very easy set-up and you control the look of your store---all you need to do is add buttons, e.g. add to cart, buy now, etc. Its worked wonderfully on my site. Good luck!
              MR. PURE
              ourwaterispure.com

Comment

Working...
              X