Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, Might as well jump in and get a critique or three...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok, Might as well jump in and get a critique or three...

One of the problems is that the http://behindthetruth.info does work (at least for me) if I add the index.html to the above address like this:
    http://behindthetruth.info/index.html I can't seem to find a way to break out of that. I've made some improvements (so he says) to the site, but if you can't see it - guess you can't offer an opinion... and I'd like to hear them.

Comment

Hi,
      http://behindthetruth.info/index.html works for me in IE6.
      Some thoughts:
      -The "Home" on Nav Bar doesn't work - cannot display page.
      -Nav Bar or linked words on other pages would help users return to Index or Home page or other pages.
      -Your two links don't work: http://www.mymangosteen.com/distributors/BobS and http://www.mangosteenexperiences.com

Couple of other links don't work.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Errm, your site is a little wierd, not too sure I get it?

But it looks ok on a good note!

The second link works as it shows the index.html
        You might want to consider changing the page name and relaunching it as just www.index.html then ensure the page name is in properties...?
        Marc Sanders

Currently working on: www.fakeitbikinistore.co.uk
        Messenger: tealc_of_chulak********.com

My philosophy: keep your friends close, enemies closer.....!

Comment

you forgot the www. in your post

Comment

RIGHT.....

You need to re-publish your page with correct titles: as "index" (the html is added for you automatically....and this presupposes you re-saved the 'home' page in BV ALSO as "index" only)

Then, go back and change your page linking system to return/point to www.behindthetruth.info/index.html....then we can all try getting around in your site normally.

>> Double check your Bookstore page...is displaying in a format you didn't intend....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
              RIGHT.....

You need to re-publish your page with correct titles: as "index" (the html is added for you automatically....and this presupposes you re-saved the 'home' page in BV ALSO as "index" only)

Then, go back and change your page linking system to return/point to www.behindthetruth.info/index.html....then we can all try getting around in your site normally.

>> Double check your Bookstore page...is displaying in a format you didn't intend....
              Ok, I did know the .html is added by the program, and I did save it as index.bv also, so I'm ok so far.

I'll check on the other two things. Changing the pointing is not hard, and I'll have to look at the Bookstore page to see what you mean. Thank you very much.

I appreciate all the help people on this site are offering.

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
                Hi,
                http://behindthetruth.info/index.html works for me in IE6.
                Some thoughts:
                -The "Home" on Nav Bar doesn't work - cannot display page.
                -Nav Bar or linked words on other pages would help users return to Index or Home page or other pages.
                -Your two links don't work: http://www.mymangosteen.com/distributors/BobS and http://www.mangosteenexperiences.com

Couple of other links don't work.
                Thanks Bill, I'll get those things fixed quite soon.

Appreciate the feedback, as always.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by lawnman777
                  you forgot the www. in your post
                  Actually, it works either way. I've tried both ways, just to confirm that. I do thank you for the feedback.

Comment

Ok, the problem has been fixed. VodaHost fixed it by a select switch or something, I don't know what, but now it works the way it is supposed to work. Now I can build the site, and people can look at it.

Thanks guys/gals for all the assistance, and I'll still be looking for suggestions, comments, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by beegud2
                      Sorry but I'm getting url cannot be found on netscape 8.1 and a page cannot be displayed on IE.
                      You might try it now and let me know? Think it's fixed. Looked at one of your sites too. Nice job there.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                        I tried a ".com" to the link listed at top (rather than ".info") and got to a site, but I'm not sure it's yours....."truth/lies" make sense??
                        If yours IS the ".info" you have to do something about what you published...get a 505 - page cannot be displayed, NOT the typical 404 - page not found....check the periods and commas in your Titles, for instance....or no capitalizing the "i" in index....simples, right?

I'll try again when issue is resolved....
                        It seems to be fixed now. If you have time, you might take a look.
                        Thanks

Comment

You have created quite an interesting site with some good information. I'm seeing it in Internet Explorer, Windows XP Professional, DSL (don't know whether all this makes any difference or not). Most of the links are working. You've put in a lot of work with your graphics -- good job. However, your text would stand out better if you lightened the background of the Home Page -- could you do this and still get the mysterious night effect? Congratulations on your efforts.
                          Sallee

Comment

OK your links work now, nice job.

Some of your pages (Book Store and Stories) are centered others are not. For user presentation consider keeping all similar.
                            Bill
                            www.blueearthtea.com
                            www.ftaaconsulting.com
                            www.iaval.com
                            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
                              OK your links work now, nice job.

Some of your pages (Book Store and Stories) are centered others are not. For user presentation consider keeping all similar.
                              Thanks Bill,
                              I'm working on that kind of things today, and a lot of other stuff to come.

Comment

Well, I've done some work on my site, hopefully improved it some, and would like to ask for second opinions on it, when and if you have time.

Thanks all.

http://behindthetruth.info
                                Manuscript Editing, typing.

Comment

Working...
                                X