sizing link buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sizing link buttons

I don't seem to be doing something right with the buttons on below URL and link. Please, a little advice. is there a certain way to scale the border like from corner or?? Also are the links work? In no way finished or close but need help. thanks

Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: sizing link buttons

Good morning,

www.mayatabasco.com/cradle_of_culture.html not working.
    Not sure what you are asking about borders, you can change size and color in properties, can't round off corners. You might be able to do something using a combination of image and border.

Consider centering your pages.

Things that might help:
    -If you want italics consider one font larger and regular not bold.
    -Center your button texts under images

Mexico is a beautiful country and you can really make it stand out a bit more.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Agree with Bill,

One other thing..your text should prbably be more in line with your pictures ...it appearsa bit close to the the top image...you may run into overlapping problems on other browsers...I'm using netscape 8.1.

Also use a shape property with a border and place images and text in thsoe areas...that might be one solution to consider.

good luck and so far a very interesting sight...I look forward to visiting again.
      Beezz
      sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you guys, I tried the border suggestion,Beez. It does make a difference. Went to your site and got some ideas of what to look at on my page. What I was trying ever so weakly to explain is this....(solved it) so, I now know. I put some of the buttons style on automatic and the others on a color so it was impossible to make borders match,dumb but learning. Bill,any suggestions on making it stand out more? Cannot get translation bar centered either. Really both of you offered some good ideas, thanks.

george
        Choco777
        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

George,

try this site for making custom buttons - About GRSites.com - it allows you to upload your on graphics and create buttons from them.. It might be what you need to get the butons the size and shape you need. You can then save them to your files and use as you wish.

I hope that helps a little.

As for centering your text bar...well make sure your grid and rulers are on. click on the object you want to move and place the moving cursor (the 4 way directional one) on the center point thingy...you know the outline of the objects has those tabby things on all ends.... and use it to center in your page...(this would be the hard way)....OR you could go the easy route and go to layout on your menu bar and click on the align tab and align horizontally...
          Again hope that helps.

bzzz
          Beezz
          sigpic

Comment

Beezzz,
            I cannot figure out how to move the translation bar, because it does not show anywhere except on the web. I'm thinking just manipulate the html on the size until it is centered, but don't know. Thanks for the tips, I'll work on them.

George
            Choco777
            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Is your T bar a html code that you placed in a html box on your webpage...if so then align your html box BUT first I alwaystry to make my html boxes as close to the size of the real thing as possible so the alignment is truly centered.

I'll check back to see how it's going...good luck.
              Beezz
              sigpic

Comment

Beezzz,
                What do you mean you size your html box first. Yes to the ?
                It is a script I pasted in the html. It is different on each page. On my index page the bar changed in size and is just about centered. The languages that are left are the only ones that worked anyway, so bno big disappointment.
                Choco777
                www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

It is really slow going this way. There has to be a way.
                  Choco777
                  www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Ok..you can resize your html box just like you do your text box or any other box you work with. It is slow going ..once you have it about the same size (use the size given in your code) as what you see on your wesite for the translation gif...align it to center horizontally. A little trick here when you are done, if you placing the box in the same position on all other pages ...just copy and paste. The box will automatically paste in the same area. Lock you work in place when done so no acidental movement takes place. Hope this gets things going.

Bzz
                    Beezz
                    sigpic

Comment

**TIP
                      Always PREVIEW the exact placement of HTML 'boxes' prior to publishing, especially if you are placing html for advertising banners or third-party written code.
                      Often they contain small purposefully written "glitches" to casue mis-alignment (extra noticability due to standing out) or uneven edges, which might force you to move them in BV a click or two "off-center" to make them present perfectly.......

This also illustrates that html creates it's own presentation, and is not limited to exact sizing of your html 'boxes' in BV. Sometimes it is simply easier to undersize the 'boxes' to make your arrangement of them easier, and after inserting code it performs just as expected.

Also, the "copy once - paste multiple times" method works quickly and simply without the need to use tables or 'in-lines'. You can just place one where you want it and the cloned boxes can be then easily aligned using the X-Y axis tool in the lower right corner of the BV browser border.....tables often restrict some ability to cleanly format your page design, especially if these outsourced html codes contain the aforementioned "glitches".
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you both, Beezzz and Vasili. I' ll get it done.
                        george
                        Choco777
                        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Hi Choco777
                          You seem to have an extra unwanted ">" on the right hand side of your flag translation box. Edit the code and take this out.
                          Then in the code (in the "Custom HTML" box) change your width from 880 to 500. Then move this html box to about position x = 200 on your bv screen. The center position is about there.

If there is no ruler shown on your bv screen, at the top click 'View', "Rulers". This helps a lot

Regards
                          Royden

www.harrow-art.com
                          www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Great zigzag,
                            I was just playing around with the x y box but I guess u solved it. My other pages will be the same?

THANK YOU

Choco777
                            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Hi George,

I like your pictures very much. One small note to make your site better. I tried the dutch page and noticed the translation is not correct. (..I'm from Amsterdam..).
                              Maybe you can have a second look at it and try another translation program.
                              It looks like its translated by a "machine".
                              Hope you understand my simple english.

Good luck
                              Smile and enjoy life
                              Www.allfarida.com

Comment

Working...
                              X