• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • choco777
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: Looking for some feedback:)

It is coming along. I still agree about maybe re-thinkng the color. Have alot of trouble myself in this area. Spelling oversight first page, quality and doubled up on the our our clients. But all in all it is going to be great. tried all links and coukld not get applications to open.
    Maybe it's me.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• Hester
      Captain

• Jun 2006

I think your site is looking good. I'm sure that once the pages fill up with more information, the ammout of color that jumps out won't be so much. :)

I don't personally mind the colors you use, but at the same time I do come from a different approach for color schemes.

I find it usefull to create milder tones for the backgrounds and supplemental material in the site and use color to bring out that which you want people to look at and notice the most. That's just how I created mine. But the use of color on your site isn't a problem in my opinion. I do prefer aqua over white though. :)

It might also be the fact that my monitor is dimmed, because I work at the comp so much. I don't know. :)

Yeah, turning up the brightess back to norm does make it glare at me a bit... haha... but whatever. It's cool. I like it.

Good luck in finishing it up.

And also... quick tip. No matter what the size (for whatever reason) it seems that anytime you try to squeeze 10 lbs of stuff into a 5 lb bag or vice versa with images, it has problems loading. I think David mentioned decreasing the Byte size of your background pic, possibly for load time. But at 340K, I'm not sure you need to worry so much about the Bytes. I noticed the picture is SMALLER than the background it's fitting in. My analogy of the "10lbs/5lbs" was in regards to the fact that sometimes images load slower if they are not the exact size they are set to fit in. I've seen this a lot and made sure to size my pics exactly to the size of the place they are going. It really does help to have an exact fit, I think. 5lbs of stuff in a 5 lb bag. :)

Hmm... Should I have said "kilograms" instead of "lbs"? I forget we're all speaking a slightly different language here.

Color? Colour? Favorite? Favourite? hehe. ;) whatever.
      George
      www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

• Lincslady
        Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Hi Tim,

Love the background on the first page and have to agree with whats been said about the bright colour...nice and simple layout though..but the biggest think for me is the sideways scroll ...you need to set your page widths ..if you follow the link below that will fix the problem.
        also maybe a slightly smaller font ... hope that helps :o)
        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Working...
        X