X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Commercial Mistake! Please read..

I too, Marc, think you can do better on your own....either in BV8 or Soho/OSC.

The minimal costs to have a template customized ($45-200) still blow me away, as I too have been "victimized" by so-called professionals that I have paid many thousands of dollars to in the past......

What you have done earlier has more character that the 'cookie-cutter' **** we always seem to have delivered to us, and if you want to simply have a BV8 front-end linked up to either a Soho or OSC back end cart to maintain some of that singularly refined website image you have done, or commit fully to a customized cart here at VH, I think you will be better off in the long run.
    I am going through the same ordeal, even now initiating a Soho site to get the hang of cart design and upkeep before starting 2 OSC ventures. I have to keep reminding myself that once it is up, it is nothing to keep it running clean and crisp! The learning curve is about the same as for BV8, so for me, it was an easy trade off with regard for personal time for future efficiency and profitability.
    I say, "Keep it in the family," or stick with the proven leaders, our trusted Provider VodaHost!!

(I am still paying off a "webmaster" for his pathetic work on other sites, so I share a sense of indignation!)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• ez-ez
      Special Status

• Mar 2006

I think the money Marc paid is justified. For a first fraft, the site looks neat and professional. Improvements can be added and adjustments can be made. The font can be easily changed and other things can be also adjusted.

The website is a merchant's website, it promotes a product, the domenant compoenet must therefore be images. I like the idea that the first page devoted the entire center part to the product images. The color theme seems fit for the product category and if I was to chose to buy, not that I would wear a bikini, lol, but hypothatically speaking, I would chose to buy from the site the web designer created for you Marc. The end of the day, it's your call.

Dependant on the amount of money you paid, you are prolly far from having made a commercial mistake. Good luck in all events.

Comment

• allstarfaces
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

not read anyones posts so if i repeat dont shoot
        i think you stink lol only jokin yours is by far the better and i would like to congratulte you on a fine job and i would go ask for my money back
        The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
        Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• ez-ez
          Special Status

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by allstarfaces
          not read anyones posts so if i repeat dont shoot
          i think you stink lol only jokin yours is by far the better and i would like to congratulte you on a fine job and i would go ask for my money back
          LOL..

I'll shoot.. Not because you repeated... but because you didn't.. LOL

Comment

• Marc Sanders
            Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2006

You guys bring a smile to my face - lol...

It's this type of forum that makes this world smaller for us all!
            Really do appreciate the comments. Many thanks..

I am going to get the designers to change the front page design and hope that then this would meet with mine and everyone elses approval..

Thig is, if its not ultimately what appeals to me, Blokes, I hope, don't buy bikinis for themselves (please, no comments!). The age range is from about 18 to 55. I think this site has a little way to go before this age range is comfortable looking further than the front page..

Just dissapointed that I didn't find Vodea Host earlier - To that end, I am promoting Voda Host and have instilled confidence in a lot of IT engineers here in the UK to give it a whirl.
            Marc Sanders

Currently working on: www.fakeitbikinistore.co.uk
            Messenger: tealc_of_chulak********.com

My philosophy: keep your friends close, enemies closer.....!

Comment

• bill2006
              Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Originally posted by Marc Sanders
              The site is indeed already paid for - back in March - it's taken them this long to get this far - Think I will have to go with 'Getting my money back!'

Even if it was a draft, this is supposed to be a professional company who's sole trade is web site design!

It wouldn't be so bad if they had actually read my spec and indeed placed the logo supplied to them on the page...

I simply asked for them to model it on my site and that of the parent company UjENA.com - I defy anyone to see a resemblance?

No sense saying anything about their page, took them way too long to get back to you. Water under the bridge now.

Your bigger question: Ujena.com is very similar to your own page, who owns what? and are your rights protected?
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Marc Sanders
                Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2006

Ujena are our suppliers - we are the UK & Europe distributors for the UjENA range.

On another note:

To all those of American persuasion - My apologies over the American Flag being the wrong way round on our site - shows my ignorance.

This has been corrected and indeed enlarged the image...Hope we didn't offend? Sorry..
                Marc Sanders

Currently working on: www.fakeitbikinistore.co.uk
                Messenger: tealc_of_chulak********.com

My philosophy: keep your friends close, enemies closer.....!

Comment

• choco777
                  Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

No it wasn't offensive after all you didn't burn it. I just thought you might want to be politically correct or at least comply with what is excepted flag etiquette. I'm not a fanatic just a little nit picky, I guess. Nothing I say on this forum is mean spirited if you think so, then you have misinterpreted my statement.The following is not directed towards you but it is also true that " friends come and go, but enemies accumulate." so sometimes the crowds are lopsided and I lose count who is who. But consider me your friend.

Choco777
                  mexico maya tours
                  Choco777
                  www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• Andy128
                    Major General

• Dec 2005

Got to agree with the majority-

1.Took to long!
                    2.Blurred font and too small
                    3.Feedback page- what the heck. Can't even see the text in the list box
                    4. Print on bottom of page way to hard to read
                    5. BLAND- their site is bland. On the site you created you have pictures that grab the readers attention and stir "hey I want to look like that" or "hey- I want my wife (girlfriend) to look like that"- I think i'll buy one. You have pictures through out. Point- it appeals to both sexes and has better eye appeal.

Well- thats my 4 cents worth. You have done a much better job. Good luck on getting a refund.

Andy
                    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                    X