major changes, need help, good,bad, or ugly!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lgddesign01
    First Sergeant

• May 2006

major changes, need help, good,bad, or ugly!!

I have made major changes. I need to know if good, bad, or ugly!!!!

Thanks.
    David B
    LGD Design Innovations
    www.lgddesign.com
    david.bennett@lgddesign.com
  • choco777
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: major changes, need help, good,bad, or ugly!!

Ilike the site more than the first one. But I think that the google search bar is just an invitation to leave your site. Some of the questions might have been phrased differently. I might be wrong but I think it would have been better if you asked "Do you have an idea?" followed by "Is it exclusive to you?" or better "Do you have an exclusive idea?" Explaining exclusive makes the client look a little on the dull side.I would think that a customer would feel that you were more professional if you have the means to search things for them. I mean they know or should, where to find a search engine. Don't mean to harp on it but you asked.
    I would also add your own definition of Venture Capital
    so it doesn't look like you consulted a dictionary yourself.
    This believe me is not mean spirited. It looks great,but like most (including and most of all me maybe) it needs a little work.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• beegud2
      Major General

• Apr 2006

Hi David,

Agree with choco777, especially about the google search ( or at lest not on your first page anyway and maybe put it in your side bar area.)

Also the MAry Kay add at the bottom of first page had me wondering why is that even here on this site...does not seem to gel with it ( again not on your first page.

Also maybe a quote from a client to show what they thought of you...did I miss that...I didn't get to all the pages....

The Aquatect was pretty cool and good way to show you have clients and what you have done for another client...maybe they can give you a quote...

Hope that helps.

Looks better than the first time.
      bzzz
      Beezz
      sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

• Glomania
        Second Lieutenant

• May 2006

Hi David
        Think the site is great very clear easy reading agree with the above also you really need to look closely at your speling (now you would go ha he made a spelling mistake so why is he telling me) well if you think like that, your customers will too.
        ie .....you should be YOUR (money makes money)
        Hope this helps
        Regards Alber

Comment

• Lgddesign01
          First Sergeant

• May 2006

Great, I am all over them. I will have to make the adjustments tomorrow, but I will make the changes. keep them coming, please... I want to finish this site as soon as possible. Great comments.
          thanks
          David B
          LGD Design Innovations
          www.lgddesign.com

Comment

• Lincslady
            Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Hi David,

Your site is looking good a couple of things stick out like a sore thumb to me tho...first is that sideways scroll .. you need to set your page widths ...if you follow the link below that will fix it and the other thing is ...the dark border to the left where your menu is ...its very hard to read as you have put a dark font on a dark background... hope this helps

Its looking better all the time... nice job ;o)
            Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
            http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• Dream Lady
              Major General

• Feb 2006

Hi David...You have been busy. I have to be honest in that I think you are getting away from the main focus on your site. You have added so many advertisers that I think it distracts from what you want to accomplish. I agree about the google search bar. I would put it somewhere other than your headers. I would still recommend having your navigation bars be the same on all your pages. Also, just a thought, but you have some links that I would have open in another window, so that any visitors don't accidently close your site when their not interested in where your link just sent them. I've done that on other sites and then gave up trying to find them again. I would also center your pages. I am still having a problem with the blue paper bill header. It really distracts from your GREAT logo. I really think you have a great concept here so I hope you can get your site to where you feel most comfortable with it.
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I would refer to the many great suggestions made in the earlier thread, with these added.
                The suggestions made earlier were all about the basics and would have made immediate impact (something I think you are reaching for now), and more importantly, might have set a pattern for you to have been developing all along. It's rather learning and understanding by doing, as opposed to performing a checklist drawn up by others....
                But...that's my take on things as they are.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Karen Mac
                  General

• Apr 2006

David,

Its 100% improved from the first time I viewed your site, but.... I still HATE that 1000 bill and I still think it takes up too much of your above the fold space that you could be using to get your customer to information faster. I think the header with your logo frog would serve you much better, save on space and give you a MUCH more professional appearance.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Lgddesign01
                    First Sergeant

• May 2006

I am ready to changes again. Every point makes sense. I end up doing it so many times these things don’t stick out anymore. Great advice though. I wish more people can get in so I only need to change it one more time. Thanks keep em coming.
                    David
                    David B
                    LGD Design Innovations
                    www.lgddesign.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Vasili
                      I would refer to the many great suggestions made in the earlier thread, with these added.
                      The suggestions made earlier were all about the basics and would have made immediate impact (something I think you are reaching for now), and more importantly, might have set a pattern for you to have been developing all along. It's rather learning and understanding by doing, as opposed to performing a checklist drawn up by others....
                      But...that's my take on things as they are.
                      Please! Consider the following....

Take fifteen minutes to print out this thread and your earlier one, and another 15 minutes to actually make a list of all the points you feel are worth addressing. Include the suggestions offered by email.
                      Sit back and pore over them again until you see a pattern emerging (a theme) from within your original intention.
                      Then...simply make each change one at a time, checking them off as you go.
                      You will be surprised at what a difference this 1/2 hour of planning will make in your site.
                      Keep in mind the subtle comments made by more than 4 peers that you seem to have a website that is rather unclear of it's intent: are you soliciting "projects" as a clearinghouse for other's ideas, or are you trying to sell your impressively patented product? In either case, you need to have a *****ly designed (professional looking) website to generate the credibility you purport.

"Your Success is Our Success!"

Comment

• Lgddesign01
                        First Sergeant

• May 2006

Thanks, I plan on sitting down this weekend and addressing as much stuff as possible. I need to find a new background; the dollar is hard to align. I see the point there. I wish I could get more feedback and tackle them all at once. I still have two days. Keep 'em coming.
                        Thanks,
                        David B
                        LGD Design Innovations
                        www.lgddesign.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

(I'll be working probably around 36 hours Saturday and Sunday on purely website stuff myself, if you could use some help...)

Comment

• Lincslady
                            Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Hi **,

I would as someone said take off that dollar bill ..it just looks like it doesnt belong also set your page guides, people dont like having to scroll sideways ...these 2 things in my opinion would greatly improve the look of your site ...hope that helps :o)
                            Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                            http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• mark89
                              Sergeant

• May 2006

Hi
                              Its improved from the first time I view it. But your 1000 bill is not to professonal looking. Your website represent you.
                              Thank you
                              Maggie's Enterprise
                              Maggie's Gift Shop

Comment

Working...
                              X