Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Building my first website

Yeah, it's looking good.

Brenda, I think what Cindy was referring to was the original page you posted, which takes you to

http://www.brendarealty.net/Castle2.html

That page still shows the white background.
    I didn't notice the fix until I hit the home button. :)

I am also on a fairly large monitor (17" widescreen) so I totally understand where you're coming from. My site looks kinda weird on my monitor when I go to it. It's 896 px wide, when my computer's resolution is set to 1920 px wide... It was a chore for me to fit everything in the space I had while I was designing it. In fact, I started with a template that was 1200 x 900. Once I saw it on my friend's comp it was back to the drawing board. too much scrolling all ways.

A note for the pictures you have on the front page. It's funny because you went from super hi-res to super small. (not super small to most though). Not that I know everything about buying/selling houses, but I think some slightly larger pics might help get people interested. And I'm not trying to contradict anyone else's advice.

And I assume you used the "gallery" feature in BlueVoda. When you set the pics up be sure to check the box next to "Generate Thumbnail Images". This way, BlueVoda will create another image file (default tn_filename.jpg) and automatically upload it to your online folder when you publish it. The thumbnails shown will of course load much faster and point you straight to the larger image.

I think you just may have overdone the downsizing. :) It might just be the fact that my monitor is also at a hi-res setting, but I would guess a good size for pics like this would be around 800 x 600, more or less.

Your site is looking great though. keep it goin'. :)
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Thanks again for all the feedback everyone.
      Sorry I haven't posted back sooner, I have been working hard at the additions and changes.
      I am hoping my site looks half as good as the ones I ahve seen form you guys so far!

Brenda
      www.brendarealty.net

Comment

Loads very slowly, try crunchinf pics for quicker download. personal preference on marquee for me is to slide and not continous flow.
        Bruce Hewitt
        YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
        IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
        http://www.thebabydolls.biz
        bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

Thanks Bruce.
          I re-sized pics, but will relook at them individually again.

Also thanks for the suggestion on the marquee.

Brenda

Comment

While your text is no longer against a white background, perhaps you want to avoid a background. Eliminating the horizontal scroll would be nice too. Try centering your page at 800 and see what results.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
            X