Changes, Font,headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes, Font,headers

The links that don't work are still in the making. What about font,new home page header colours. Just overall I guess. The Chiapas page will not center. Any suggestions appreciated. A way to go I know. Your critque is appreciated.

Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: Changes, Font,headers

Hi choco,

Your site is very nice, would look better if your "welcome " title was more to the right of your pic at the moment its overlapping your photo...

Ive explained to you what you have to do to get that page right in the other thread but your not taking the advice choco :o)
    Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

LINDA, Thanks,I swear I tried on the BV it is all the way to the left...so I do not know how to put it any more to the left. I have changed the page many times and each time it was at 800x600 or less,in width it is long, does that matter? I really cannot figure it out. Maybe I should clone it and see if I can move it?????? Believe me I follow directions...I just don't seem to get to the destinations others arrive at...at least not a fast.
      Once you get up the stupid tree it is hard to get out.
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

lol...did you move all your images over to the left ?

No it doesnt matter how long it is

I think what i would do is start that page again ..new page ...set guidelines and leave the dark background till last so you can see where you are ..then just copy everything over .. wouldnt take long really must be something really simple ...all i can see is that all your images and text is to far over to the right of the page .
        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

yes,m'am. I'll do just that. I'm having problems with the mouse ...no the one on the computer. It won't move correctly it jerks itself along (hey that would have made a good excuse, oh well), and moves at least a quarter of an inch and that is the least it will go. need to reboot i guess.But thanks you are a help, believe me.
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

changed it all ....nothing hidden outside 800w.
            new page looks same as far as being askew.
            Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
            Choco777
            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Choco777: Is your page properties width and height the same as your Layout Guide settings? I just had the same thing happen to one of my pages, where it wasn't centering. I tried everything. Then I realized the page properties and Layout-Guide Settings were different. I changed the guide settings to the same as the page properties and re published and now it is center. Don't know if this is the same problem you are having, but worth a try!
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

yes the guide on the bv buiklder is the same. anything is worth a try.
                Choco777
                www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

pg props show 800x1715
                  Choco777
                  www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Well, supposedly length doesn't matter, but I just set both of mine to 800 X 2500 just to be sure and it worked for me. I was just looking at it again and playing with the screen. It does appear to be centering when I change my browser width, but it sure is acting like there is something over on the left side that is throwing it to the right. Maybe someone will be along that knows more of what to suggest so you can determine why that page is acting like that.

Also noticed on your home page that your nav button text is not on the buttons.

Good luck with this and if I come up with another idea, I'll let you know.
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks your help is appreciated.
                      Choco777
                      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Are you sure you didn't open a text box, etc - that is somehow to the right of everything and throwing it all off - even tho it has nothing in it? If you made the page afresh- you didn't copy and paste or clone it, did you? Cuz that would have taken care of it (I would have thought) if you did it totally fresh). Can't think of any other reason.
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for your time.

First I removed everything to see if there qwas somehting hidden. There was not. I then replaced the same images buttons,etc. The first thing that happened whn the page was still showing cetered, the sound changed, it woud start two different .wavs, playing over each other. I deleted them and then the problem began. Can submitting a ticket on something like this help, is it solveable for them?
                          Choco777
                          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

had to submit a ticket, now index page is in same condition
                            Choco777
                            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Choco777, looks to me like everything is working fine now. Your index page looks fine, but just isn't centered, it is all to the left. Your Chiapas page now looks fine.
                              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                              X