Let's try again.....!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's try again.....!!

Okay folks, Tucson for Beginners is really about Tucson now, and NOT bearded dragons! http://www.tucsonforbeginners.com

Would welcome your comments, suggested links etc. for this site. Oh, and I have tried to use American spellings, so if you pick up any I've missed please let me know!

Thanks to all who've already commented!

Regards
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Re: Let's try again.....!!

Trish,

Really nice job. Well researched and VERY professionally laid out. I noticed alot of what you do is geared to google ad income, have you considered writing articles and adding articles from other writers etc..to help increase your revenue?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Congratulations Trish,
      This site looks well planned, and I really like the way that you have placed the Google ads, as a balance to a paragraph or picture. This is clever, because although there are a lot of ads, they don't get in the way of viewing the real page content.

You might get some flack from the PC brigade for referring to "marauding Apaches", but I see you redeemed yourself in the next sentence.

You have a knack for keeping a site interesting.

Regards,
      Royden

www.harrow-art.com
      www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Excellent job Trish!! We go to Scottsdale a lot (in-laws live there), we don't get to Tucson, but I love Arizona and it's pretty close to where I live in Colorado. So I gotta ask.....You live in the UK, so why would you do a site on Tucson, AZ??
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi trish,
          fantastic, well done! Clear, clean and easy to navigate.
          Just one typo I spotted on the picaho peak page/paragraph 2 (fro) should read from.
          otherwise perfect!
          Regards,
          Mark
          MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
          Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
          www.princess-bride.co.uk
          Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

Trish-
            Nice job as always. A little too much of google for me- but not overwhemling.

How did you do that scrolling "What's on this site"? Would be interested in using that on a site I am working on.

Very good job!

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

So...let me get this straight: I am invited to travel to Tuscon to see Bearded Dragons?

Sorry!...couldn't resist.

Another fine site, Trish. Honestly.

Although....even though it is a neat effect, I personally frown on the scrolling navigation. Great for announcements, but not as effective for links since they can be a source of confusion or irritance for visitors.

And (like Andy) I disdain Google ads completely (Google anything, actually), for a huge number of reasons. I much prefer to see relevant links to other trusted resources rather than ads....especially on a site like this.

Karen's suggestion is interesting, and something worth furthering. Most travel magazines, airlines, tuorist boards, etc. etc. welcome freelance articles, and regularly reprint them online. You have the best of 2 worlds, 2 markets, and 2 perspectives going for you! You could even simply write them and publish them (newslines, restaraunt/resort reviews gleaned from other sources, upcoming events, etc.) on this site to create the rich relevant content that would propel you in ranking....
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Lady
                Excellent job Trish!! We go to Scottsdale a lot (in-laws live there), we don't get to Tucson, but I love Arizona and it's pretty close to where I live in Colorado. So I gotta ask.....You live in the UK, so why would you do a site on Tucson, AZ??
                Knew someone would ask this - well, I had to do something with my holiday pics, didn't I?? Actually, the idea for the site came when i was on holiday. We went to Tucson, loved it, and stayed for longer than we expected. We spent ages each day trying to sort out what to do, and I spent a while trying to find the info that would help me enjoy the short break. I thought that others might like to have a little info about a place to visit, rather than trying to extract things from a huge volume on the subject.

Don't let on to everyone that I don't really know what I'm writing about though, will you? Can we keep it a secret????
                Trish
                www.Limebrook.com
                www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                  So...let me get this straight: I am invited to travel to Tuscon to see Bearded Dragons?

Sorry!...couldn't resist.

Another fine site, Trish. Honestly.

Although....even though it is a neat effect, I personally frown on the scrolling navigation. Great for announcements, but not as effective for links since they can be a source of confusion or irritance for visitors.

And (like Andy) I disdain Google ads completely (Google anything, actually), for a huge number of reasons. I much prefer to see relevant links to other trusted resources rather than ads....especially on a site like this.

Karen's suggestion is interesting, and something worth furthering. Most travel magazines, airlines, tuorist boards, etc. etc. welcome freelance articles, and regularly reprint them online. You have the best of 2 worlds, 2 markets, and 2 perspectives going for you! You could even simply write them and publish them (newslines, restaraunt/resort reviews gleaned from other sources, upcoming events, etc.) on this site to create the rich relevant content that would propel you in ranking....
                  Thanks Vasili and Karen for the tips. I may well write some articles for this as I have done for my other sites - as you say, they do get traffic to the site and show up in some interesting places. I will consider putting other articles up - but I have only used someone else's article once on another site. I find I prefer to write for myself, rather than using other people's stuff, but I see your point that it may be relevant here! I will certainly have a look round and consider it.

Thanks again
                  Trish
                  www.Limebrook.com
                  www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                  www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
                    Trish-
                    Nice job as always. A little too much of google for me- but not overwhemling.

How did you do that scrolling "What's on this site"? Would be interested in using that on a site I am working on.

Very good job!

Andy
                    Hi Andy - I use tools from webpasties.com. OK, you have to pay $19.95 for six months, but they have a wealth of tools you can use such as RSS tickers and polls. Probably a way to do this for free, but it is so easy to use their tools, and they are very reliable. You are not limited to the number of RSS tickers you use, and can either have your own, as I do, or use them to display another feed. I'm impressed with their service and support to.

Thanks for your kind comments!
                    Trish
                    www.Limebrook.com
                    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments and for picking up my mistakes - do you think I will get away with the Apache comment? As I am from the UK I could easily offend someone without meaning to!
                      Trish
                      www.Limebrook.com
                      www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                      www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Working...
                      X