No announcement yet.

Okay - I got it done!!!… Whoo-Hoo! ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay - I got it done!!!… Whoo-Hoo! ...

Well just about done... Of course there are still a few bugs to work out…
    So with the exception of; I still need to compress a few more photos, and I am working on the typos on the photo book page (in the actual photo books) - those are the “need to still be fixed ones” that I know about so far.

If anyone sees any other mistakes please let me know. :) My spelling & grammar some times lacks especially if I’m tired (thank goodness for word & spell check!) - so if any of you happen to be English buffs by all means please proof what ever you want to…

I can’t wait to hear your guys’ responses!!!
    - Becky

www.candcshires.com & yes this is my first web-site :)

Re: Okay - I got it done!!!… Whoo-Hoo! ...

Becky,

This site is really impressive. I was comfortable with the navigation and found myself wanting to know what what on the next page.

Excellent Job !

D

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm on dial up this summer - and clicked to enter without seeing the pic - then couldn't wait around for the opening page to open - but I do suggest you do some better titling of your pages - News tells me (and the se's) nothing about what I'm about to see - then I clicked on a link in navigation and got "untitiled page".

The overall feel is good from what I could see (without pics) - but I'm not a fan of the red white and blue change of letters on the one sentence - it was just a bit too busy - and made it too hard for me to read - don't get me wrong, I like the colors - just not used quite like that. I also think some more earthtone colors would fit your horse pages better. But that's just me - :) - and it might just be the dark blue type on the black background that's hard on my eyes.

You've done a lot of work - and I look forward to having high speed back and being able to really look at it!
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

I like the way your site is organised and well planned. Good effort.
        But I am agreeing with Beth, for another reason. I don't see that a horse breeding site should be jazzy with stars. I don't see that one can put "Chrome into your breeding program".

Perhaps I am old fashioned, and it is really none of my business. I am just worried that the horsey fratertiny will not take the site theme seriously.
        Please take this comment with helpful sentiment that it is offered. I do not mean to offend.

(Is "program" something to do with computers, and should it be breeding "programme". Or have I got it the wrong way around?)

Regards,
        Royden

www.harrow-art.com
        www.harrow.co.za

Comment

It's good to see your work come to fruition.....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Becky,
            You have a very nice site. All the links seemed to work. The pictures loaded quickly without problems. Easy to read lettering. Suggestions would be to lighten up on the amount of flash you have. All the stars twinkling are distracting to me, maybe fewer of them in very key places. The running horse is nice. The news flashes across the page is a bit much for me. I thought they were links but they did not do anything. If I was in need of horse breeding would I know that is what you offered by looking at the title at first glance. For me the non horse person I had to navigate to figure out what you did. All in All a very nice site that I can tell you spent much time and hard work on.
            Best to you,
            moviemedic

Comment

Hi Becky,

great site and congratulations on your first site!!! Its an amazingly good feeling LOL I would recommend a stop or volume button on your page for the music. I can never find my volume quick enough on my computer so I am likely to shut the browswer down. I tried clicking to another page for that reason and there was still music just differant. The music is a nice feature but give people a quick easy way to end it if they find it annoying.

Good Luck on your site and have fun!! beautiful horses btw

Canard

Comment

Becky...you r first site? I don't believe you... Well done, for first attempt it's extremely well presented and pleasant!

You should be proud of it
                Ramsey
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Becky, you've read my comments in your other thread, Nice page PRO !

One thing - chnage "We specialize....Cheryl" bottom right hand corner -when italics are small like that words tend to blur/smash into each.

Hannah's 32006 pic doesn't do her justice, maybe making it smaller will help, sort of unfocused. And consider titles for your pages.
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Love horses, liked your site. Nice choice of colors and was easy to get around. Congrats.
                    Choco777
                    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I liked all the pics and I liked the music--- your site was informative, interesting, and professional. I agree with above about trying to make the music optional somehow --- I liked it but not everyone will. Great job!
                      MR. PURE
                      ourwaterispure.com

Comment

Originally posted by Beck
                        Well just about done... Of course there are still a few bugs to work out…
                        So with the exception of; I still need to compress a few more photos, and I am working on the typos on the photo book page (in the actual photo books) - those are the “need to still be fixed ones” that I know about so far.

If anyone sees any other mistakes please let me know. :) My spelling & grammar some times lacks especially if I’m tired (thank goodness for word & spell check!) - so if any of you happen to be English buffs by all means please proof what ever you want to…

I can’t wait to hear your guys’ responses!!!
                        - Becky

www.candcshires.com & yes this is my first web-site :)
                        Nice job!! Looks professional..I love the music it goes great with your site!
                        Never Let a Kind word go Un said!

Soy Candles

Comment

I loved it! Good job! Great color and a fantastic escape from the mundane professional looking sites with no personality!! A little too slow to load though:(

Comment

Hello Becky
                            I loved your site and I adore Shire and Clydesdale horses - in fact - I love horses!!! I agree with some of the comments - those horses are such a majestic breed and while they are also fun, I find the site a bit too difficult to read - lots of moving parts - maybe not quite in keeping with that wonderful horse. Ok! I'm slow!! How about some history of the Shire? It has a great history. I'd love to use some of your pictures for my art - the Shire reminds me of Leonardo da Vinci's wonderful horse drawings.
                            It's a terrific effort - your first!!? - leaves mine looking very conservative!!
                            Thanks and 'cheers' from Kiwiland
                            Lorna

Comment

Hi Becky,

I know you've worked so hard on this site and it shows. Beautiful design, the graphics are out of this world, and those beautiful horses. You have done a wonderful job. Many blessings and great success to you.
                              Belinda B.
                              BB Destination Express

Comment

Working...
                              X