I think i am ready for a review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think i am ready for a review.

My web site is somewhat together and I believe it is ready for a review. I would appreciate some input.
    Thanks

www.nevadaleathercraft.com

Thanks
    Ray

Re: I think i am ready for a review.

Ray,
    The purses link on the products page doesn't work and troble getting the SASS link to open. The Site is very nice,needs some tweaking. The Contact us link text is seperated and looks bad. You are doing well. Very interesting site.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

please dont do double post its hard to help if you do
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

It looks like you've still got some work to do--- a lot of the links were not working. You're on the right track though--- need to tweak a bit. I personally don't like the newsletter sign-up on your homepage--- I would move that to the contact us page or create a unique newsletter page--- but thats just my opinion. Keep up the good work!
        MR. PURE
        ourwaterispure.com

Comment

Re consider your design, most site visitors read from top right to bottom.. according to PC magazine. You may want to move you links to either top or right side of the page. Remember you need to make people/site visitors to stay on your site, most of them dont like to scroll page down.

All the best!
          jahnSELE

Comment

I would move your menu links to the top or left side of your pages, also resize your 2 pics on the homepage to the size at which they are being viewed and they will load a lot faster.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
            royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Good beginings. What monitor resolution are you using, I had a qiuck look in 800 wide and it looked narrow even there, I make all my web pages this width as that is I think the most common setting people still use.

But what I've seen so far is on the right track

Comment

Ray,
                You are off to a good start. You have some lovely products to offer and you need to make it easy for people to find them. Ditto the comments by the others to mover your menu buttons.The goal is to have visitors stick around and you have to make it as easy as possible for them. Keep tweaking, your on the right track! Good luck.
                Karen
                http://www.quiltedtoatea.com
                http://www.quiltedtoatea.com/blog
                http://www.toadstoolteaparties.com
                http://www.myteatimefun.com

Comment

Howdy back at ya! Your leather goods are BEAUTIFUL!

You know what i love about your site? IT SPEAKS OF YOU!! It is very personal. I love the "cowboy" talk you put into your text. I feel like I know you after my quick visit there. I felt welcome and that you were friendly, honest, passionate about your leather goods, and really have a fantastic, high quality product. I would TOTALLY buy from you!

These are my favorite kinds of sites..ones that have heart. And yet, it is not hokey or unprofessional.

The only things that I did not enjoy were the slow loading pictures (i'm on dial-up as lots of people are) AND the menu at the bottom of the page. When I saw your stuff, I wanted MORE and I first thought, "Oh no! It's just one item and a newsletter!" I suggest you move the menu to one side and/or at the top. And if you didn't resize the pics, see if you can change the resolution and such on them ... there is a Pic Resizer here somewhere!

I would also LOVE to see a background on your page to jazz it up...i can see a red bandana print behind everything in the background, or even just a plain denium...something western like that! Or just a color,like denium blue or maybe sagebrush. I could help you find an image if you like...but someone would have to tell me what size and resolution to send it to you as I don't know how to do that yet.

Good luck on your site. You are doing a great job!
                  still working on website!

Comment

You have great products! but as others have stated the news letter sign up on the home page is a turn off,,, potentil customers need to get excited about your products before ( they need to See ) and then have an option to get on a news letter list... But I like your style and down homeness!!! you are going to have a great site!

Comment

Isn't this duplicated?
                      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/cus...dy-review.html

Anyways......error.
                      Bill
                      www.blueearthtea.com
                      www.ftaaconsulting.com
                      www.iaval.com
                      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Heck fellers, I can't even get into my editing page now. I will make the changes, but for some reason, My password ain't workin' and I'm locked out. I have a support ticket in on this and hope to get some help soon.

R

Comment

Originally posted by islandcrazy
                          Howdy back at ya! Your leather goods are BEAUTIFUL!

You know what i love about your site? IT SPEAKS OF YOU!! It is very personal. I love the "cowboy" talk you put into your text. I feel like I know you after my quick visit there. I felt welcome and that you were friendly, honest, passionate about your leather goods, and really have a fantastic, high quality product. I would TOTALLY buy from you!

These are my favorite kinds of sites..ones that have heart. And yet, it is not hokey or unprofessional.

The only things that I did not enjoy were the slow loading pictures (i'm on dial-up as lots of people are) AND the menu at the bottom of the page. When I saw your stuff, I wanted MORE and I first thought, "Oh no! It's just one item and a newsletter!" I suggest you move the menu to one side and/or at the top. And if you didn't resize the pics, see if you can change the resolution and such on them ... there is a Pic Resizer here somewhere!

I would also LOVE to see a background on your page to jazz it up...i can see a red bandana print behind everything in the background, or even just a plain denium...something western like that! Or just a color,like denium blue or maybe sagebrush. I could help you find an image if you like...but someone would have to tell me what size and resolution to send it to you as I don't know how to do that yet.

Good luck on your site. You are doing a great job!
                          Thanks for the vote of confidence. I need to get this up and going. I will incorporate your ideas as soon as I can figure out how to.

R

Comment

It is coming along. I agree about the menu placement. The pix load fine for me in FF IE., however the hat pix is cropped and the brim of the hat doesn't fully show and taqkes away from a vry nice product. You might spend some more time on the text. I feel you should leave out the part under Buckles" that implys you have the buckles then the next line you can get a good deal,meaning you get them wholesale of ex-factory or in some way or another, then you say you get them from various sources and cannot list them, No don't list anything they are YOUR sources, just present yourself as having a large inventory and you'll take special orders as you said. I don't know if that is quite clear.
                            Anyway look at the text and read it as a viewer. I use a trick old editors used, read the text word for word backword and you'll find many more of your mistakes i.e. spelling spacing etc. Obivously , I don't use it on posts, maybe I should then wouldn't have to edit. Good luck there, Pardner.
                            Choco777
                            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Thanks for the input.
                              R

Comment

Working...
                              X