2 pages on line!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 pages on line!

BRAVO! I didn't even notice anything about your site!!! While i was there, I just enjoyed learning about you and wished there were more pages to snoop through!

So that tells me your site is:

1. easy to navigate
    2. pleasant colors and design
    3. good balance of graphics to text (i hate lots of text)
    4. engaging subject
    5. good loading (i'm on dialup...uggh!)

It is always good when someone sees your design and doesn't notice the elements because the content is so fresh and the style delightful!

I hope mine turns out as nice!
    still working on website!

Comment

Thanks very much - it's so good to have these comments and your ones -'islandcrazy' - brightened a dull start to the day :>) The weather is miserable, but I'm not! Can't wait to get to my computer in the morning!! I want to find the best way to display my art before I post the first page - I'd much appreciate suggestions as to how this might be done. I thought about thumbnails which when clicked, turn into bigger pictures. That sounds a bit complex for me yet though!
      Thanks - Lorna

Comment

Lorna, if you send some of your "miserable weather" to Texas (105 degrees in Dallas and no rain for WEEEKS!!!!) I will gladly trade with you! LOL

I, too am going to put artwork on my site. (maybe we can help each other! LOL) I understand there is a photo gallery in Bluevoda that makes doing this very "easy". I haven't tried it yet as I'm still working out the graphics for my homepage. Basically you insert your image and somehow you get a thumbnail and a "click to enlarge" picture. I understand there is also a Pix resizer that will get your images compressed to a size that makes the pages load faster...A MUST HAVE for 70% of the people on dialup like me!!

There are also a couple Tuts out there (by Naval and Andy I think) that teach you how to do an i-frame gallery thingie....

Just do a "search" on the forum for photo gallery and picture gallery and you will find lots of threads on this. Sorry I don't have it bookmarked.

OH, and Bethers (Pinatapalace.com I think) used the photo gallery on her site, too.

Can't wait to see your art! Have fun!

Comment

Look forwar to seeing your art, too. My art is not in the modern style. It's, I suppose, fairly conservative and pictorial, by todays standards. I have sold a couple recently however. There are those who like scenery and flowers. I love doing portraits too. Everyting is starting to be somewhat more complex now!!! Thanks for your tips about where to find info. about picture galleries etc.
          Cheers
          Lorna - ps - you're too hot for me, over there!

Comment

If your art is like the cow painting on your site, I will LOVE it! my art is watercolor clipart, not at all like real paintings as yours. When I figure out the picture gallery I will let ya know here in your thread, but don't hold your breath, I'm very slow!

Comment

That 'cow' is a 'bull!! - one is one I did for the front page of our regional telephone directory competition about three years ago!! I came in the top four - I'd love to have won the $3000 first prize!!!! The work is all sold for charity and although I bid for mine - I didn't get it!!!! It's a "Baby Bull". We have lots of those in Spring around here! Glad you like it - it is done in pastel.
              I'm slow - slower - slowest!!! Happy to work with you on the presentation thing.
              Cheers -Lorna

Comment

Got 4 pages up there now!! The 'oil paintings' page isn't the way I want it, but it will do for now. The other art pages aren't up there yet - I've made some changes to other pages!! Still got 'genealogy' pages to come.
                Happy to have your comments again - please!
                Cheers
                Lorna

Comment

AWESOME! You have been busy and WAY ahead of me! LOL! Keep up the great work! I love the quotes you added at the top. My favorite is the basket of flowers painting--love the bright colors! And i love the rugby player--great perspective!

Anyway, You Go Girl! (american slang!) And do not tell the bull I called him a cow!

Comment

Thanks 'Islandcrazy'. I guess being retired gives me more time to get on with it. It's such an absorbing and addictive pastime!!!
                    Why do you call yourself "Islandcrazy" - do you live on an island? New Zealand is a big collection of islands, as you probably know. I love the maritime climate we have! Bad weather passes over quickly and lots of really clean air!!! Thanks again for your comments! Get on with yours and let me know when you have your art on line!
                    Cheers
                    Lorna

Comment

Lorna, I love the US Virgin Islands, particularly St. John. We love to snorkel and I'm dying to go back next year. I would like to move there and run a snorkel rental/hamburger hut/bar/iternet cafe/steel drum lounge/...well, you get the picture! I would love to go to NZ someday!

Now, I'm stuck in Soho cart building right now, so it will be awhile before my site is ready. You just keep up the good work...it is inspiring!

Comment

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I once fell in love with a 100% Scottish lass! Them were good days! Anyway good work on your site thus far!

Comment

'Theopod' - Thanks - yes well we Scottish lasses are special!! :>) - mind you, my Mum was a Sassenach!!!
                          I've added a couple of pages since you were last there - lots more to come, especially in the genealogy area. How on earth do I get a family tree with over 1000 people on to one page???!! I guess I'll work something out.
                          So glad you like my site. I am applying the 'KISS' principle!!
                          'Islandcrazy'- well - it's always important to have a goal - even if the goal posts get shifted a bit from time to time. Life is a matter of dealing with all the changes as they come along -and keeping the goal in front.
                          Enough moralizing!!

Thanks very much - love all your comments. This site has taken me into a 'new world'!
                          Lorna

Comment

Working...
                          X