• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • racefan20
    Major General

• Jul 2005

Part II: DOB Members Club & $10,000 Challenge

First of all, thank you very much to those of you who have taken the time to review the two new sites Amanda and I have launched, we really appreciate it.

One area in which we need very blunt, honest and constructive feedback is this: When you go to http://dobmembersclub.com are you able to find the relevant info for actually joining the members club? Have we made it clear enough, or do you have suggestions for what we can do to make it more clear?

It's tough to look at your own site from an "outsider's" perspective, so we would greatly appreciate any feedback you care to offer.

Thanks again, everyone!
    My NASCAR Forum
  • Mr. Pure
    Sergeant

• Jun 2006

Re: Part II: DOB Members Club & $10,000 Challenge

Ok...I really like your site(s)--- they look great and have all the info Nascar fans could hope for. I tried looking into how to sign up and I got confused. Maybe its just me but I kept looking for a "Join Here" or "Sign Up Now" button. When I kept winding up on a forum page, I thought I was doing something wrong and I'd start over. Eventually I actually read through everything and figured it out...seems pretty simple now. But you may run into trouble with users like me who scan instead of actually reading. Perhaps a "Join Now" button might make it a bit easier to join. You've got a great concept--- good luck!!
    MR. PURE
    ourwaterispure.com

Comment

• Dream Lady
      Major General

• Feb 2006

Ok, I accessed your website and found the forum on how to register and pay. I did all of that, took about 10 minutes to do. Like Mr. Pure said above, it did seem just a little confusing (and I read everything). Once I figured out that I had to register first and then come back, to pay, I was ok. The only other question I have, is that in the email I received, I had an activation code, but was never asked to input anywhere. What's the purpose of that?
      Ok, now that I've join and paid, I guess I need to learn something about what I just did, so I have a shot at the $10,000. lol
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• racefan20
        Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Pure
        Ok...I really like your site(s)--- they look great and have all the info Nascar fans could hope for. I tried looking into how to sign up and I got confused. Maybe its just me but I kept looking for a "Join Here" or "Sign Up Now" button. When I kept winding up on a forum page, I thought I was doing something wrong and I'd start over. Eventually I actually read through everything and figured it out...seems pretty simple now. But you may run into trouble with users like me who scan instead of actually reading. Perhaps a "Join Now" button might make it a bit easier to join. You've got a great concept--- good luck!!
        Thank you for that! We'll find a way to make it easier to navigate.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• racefan20
          Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by Floor Lady
          Ok, I accessed your website and found the forum on how to register and pay. I did all of that, took about 10 minutes to do. Like Mr. Pure said above, it did seem just a little confusing (and I read everything). Once I figured out that I had to register first and then come back, to pay, I was ok. The only other question I have, is that in the email I received, I had an activation code, but was never asked to input anywhere. What's the purpose of that?
          Ok, now that I've join and paid, I guess I need to learn something about what I just did, so I have a shot at the $10,000. lol
          Thank you for becoming our first "outside" member! Several of our regular forum users have joined, but you're the first non regular and we appreciate that.

Thank you also for the feedback - this is exactly what we need to hear to make it easier and we will fix that aspect.

The activation ID is only needed if the clickable "To complete your registration, please visit this url:" link doesn't work in your browser.

As far as the rest, bone up on your NASCAR and get set to make your picks because the username and password to access that page will be available beginning tomorrow.

Thanks again!
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• Dream Lady
            Major General

• Feb 2006

All Right!!! First outsider member!! I'm honored!!! I think you should just forget the challenge thing and just send the money my way!! lol
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Girlonthehill
              General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Floor Lady
              All Right!!! First outsider member!! I'm honored!!! I think you should just forget the challenge thing and just send the money my way!! lol
              LMBO! Now, now, don't push it!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• nick1346
                Major

• Jan 2006

Looks great, but as said above not really clear how to join. How about sticking a huge join now button in place of the Days of blunder logo you've got in the middle of the page?

Comment

• VodaHost
                  General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

CMS Systems

The problem with CMS systems like the one you are using from vbadvance
                  is that many none forum savvy users do not know how to navigate them or
                  how to get to the forum, I played with the idea of having a cms system on
                  this forum and decided against it for that exact reason.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• racefan20
                    Major General

• Jul 2005

Re: CMS Systems

Originally posted by VodaHost
                    The problem with CMS systems like the one you are using from vbadvance
                    is that many none forum savvy users do not know how to navigate them or
                    how to get to the forum, I played with the idea of having a cms system on
                    this forum and decided against it for that exact reason.

Good point, *****. We may have to rethink that approach. Thank you for the always valuable insight.
                    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• Lincslady
                      Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Hi racey ,

Just been having a wander around the members club page and I have to disagree that it might be difficult for people to navigate round ..being a non savvy user myself , I found pretty easy to navigate ....but ..I would like to see the word "forum" included in the top links bar as thats where my eyes directed me to go first ...hope thats a help :o)
                      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• racefan20
                        Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by Lincslady
                        Hi racey ,

Just been having a wander around the members club page and I have to disagree that it might be difficult for people to navigate round ..being a non savvy user myself , I found pretty easy to navigate ....but ..I would like to see the word "forum" included in the top links bar as thats where my eyes directed me to go first ...hope thats a help :o)
                        It is a help and it's been done. Thank you!
                        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• Lincslady
                          Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Thanks! thats perfect now ....easy peasy! ;o)
                          Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                          http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• islandcrazy
                            Major

• Jul 2006

Hi. I just visited and think it looks great! As a compeltely "clueless" person to all this and that, I saw EXACTLY where to go, what to do, and how to do it. It was easy to just read "on down" the page to see what it was all about. I love the ENERGY to your site and layout and think it is quite suitable to your subject and audience. I did not click through all the forms and links, though...sorry...but it did grab me right away and if I wanted to, I could see just how do go about it! Great job!
                            still working on website!

Comment

• Girlonthehill
                              General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by islandcrazy
                              Hi. I just visited and think it looks great! As a compeltely "clueless" person to all this and that, I saw EXACTLY where to go, what to do, and how to do it. It was easy to just read "on down" the page to see what it was all about. I love the ENERGY to your site and layout and think it is quite suitable to your subject and audience. I did not click through all the forms and links, though...sorry...but it did grab me right away and if I wanted to, I could see just how do go about it! Great job!
                              Thank you so much, that's great to hear! We have made a few changes in response to other feedback so it's really good to know that it has made a difference. Thanks for taking the time, we really appreciate it!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X