Redid my site - Comments please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redid my site - Comments please

I decided I didn't like my first attempt so I did a makeover on www.healthy-4-less.com and would like everyone's opinion. The only thing I cannot get as I want are the videos. They work just fine but I want a picture on the screens until someone clicks a button to start. I've tried bringing the pictures front, putting the video back but all I get is a black screen. Any help would be appreciated. And constructive criticism, of course.

Re: Redid my site - Comments please

jobo1953:

Although I personally don't like to side scroll, your site works well and looks very profeshional. You do, however, have some overlaping text on the top left of you home page.

Comment

I like your site.It is very profesional.I would like to make one for me like you made.You are good.That problem you will fix it with some help.
      Take care!

Comment

I like it, it's great, design illustrations, that's perfect for such industry, but small comment, that illustration on the top which is in gray, you better change it to green as well, a multiply dark green in photoshop will work, because your main color is green in the website, so keep constency (that's how you spell it - constency?), anyway because the gray shows a difference which attract the eye to it which you don't need, you need to attract your visitors to the content.

Allright, can I ask you for a favor or tip? how did you do that animation with beth owen and ameriplan logo?

Thanks, and good job
        The Producer

Comment

Jobo,
          Nice job.
          -Ditto Circus' comments on centering.
          -The menu on top "Home...Fun Links" has no working links. You have working links on the bottom menu only. Consider fixing this.
          -Bus. opportunity link loaded slooooow, and I am on broadband, could be the videos.
          -Your page is titled 'index' really not the best word for search engines to find you. Title your pages to describe each page.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

bill2006:

I too am having a problem with my title " THE CIRCUS IS COMING ". If you can think of a more pertenant title for search engines drop me a clue. I look forward to re writing my scripts (like going to the dentist).

....NO I can't get tickets too the circus,,,LOL

Comment

I really like your site ...good colors and texting but I also have to echo bac kthe comments by circuspet and the others... I think once those are weaked it will be great. Good luck and looking forward to going back and look at it in leisure.
              Beezz
              sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

I am not much of an expert, but your site looks great.. it's professional and well set.

I like repeating the menu at the bottom of the page.. One thing though, can you add the 'Hand' Mouse Cursor when it points on those menus..!!

Comment

Originally posted by circuspet.com
                  jobo1953:

Although I personally don't like to side scroll, your site works well and looks very profeshional. You do, however, have some overlaping text on the top left of you home page.
                  Thank you, circuspet. I am not seeing the overlap on the home page. I have two computers and looked at it with both (two different size screens and different resolutions) but cannot get anything to overlap. Could you tell me where you see it, what size screen and resolution you are using?

I know what you mean about the side scroll. I'm not much of a fan of it either but any other way just looks squashed. May work on that at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Producer
                    I like it, it's great, design illustrations, that's perfect for such industry, but small comment, that illustration on the top which is in gray, you better change it to green as well, a multiply dark green in photoshop will work, because your main color is green in the website, so keep constency (that's how you spell it - constency?), anyway because the gray shows a difference which attract the eye to it which you don't need, you need to attract your visitors to the content.

Allright, can I ask you for a favor or tip? how did you do that animation with beth owen and ameriplan logo?

Thanks, and good job
                    Thank you Nite! I didn't think about the grey as it was a template from Blue Voda but you are right. I'll work on that. BTW - it's consistency (but you gave it a good try). The animation was done in Macromedia's Flash program. I'm still trying to learn it and after about 50 attempts I finally had a friend do it for me. Flash isn't the easiest to learn but well worth it if you are wanting special things on your site.

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
                      Jobo,
                      Nice job.
                      -Ditto Circus' comments on centering.
                      -The menu on top "Home...Fun Links" has no working links. You have working links on the bottom menu only. Consider fixing this.
                      -Bus. opportunity link loaded slooooow, and I am on broadband, could be the videos.
                      -Your page is titled 'index' really not the best word for search engines to find you. Title your pages to describe each page.
                      I appreciate the feedback Bill! The links all work for me so I called a friend and they worked for him as well. But I think it's confusing because the arrow doesn't change to a hand which I need to fix. The Bus op page is terribly slow so that definitely needs work. Didn't think about the titles for the search engines. Will fix that as well. Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by ez-ez
                        I am not much of an expert, but your site looks great.. it's professional and well set.

I like repeating the menu at the bottom of the page.. One thing though, can you add the 'Hand' Mouse Cursor when it points on those menus..!!
                        Thanks Carlos! I will definitely add the hand cursor. I like hearing that the site looks professional - that was my hope!

Comment

Its graet and very cool
                          Colours are very nice
                          Web design and development India |
                          Web site promotion tamilnadu |
                          Teacher training Institute India

Comment

Jobo1953:

Sometimes things look different on different browsers, I'm on IE, do both your puters use same browser?

Comment

Originally posted by circuspet.com
                              Jobo1953:

Sometimes things look different on different browsers, I'm on IE, do both your puters use same browser?
                              Yes - I use IE (most current version). Are you on most current?

Comment

Working...
                              X