Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Redid my site - Comments please

jobo1953:

I believe IE7 is my curent, test flew a not Quite ready IE8 that wasn't perfected yet. My system is automated for instant upgrades from Microsoft so I don't pay much attention until they make me a gini pig.

Comment

All has a real professional & medical feel to the site. But must agree with the others on the sideways scroll. Its taking the edge of the site.

Good luck,

Chris.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Honestly? Hmmm....

I really like your new layout - it is much more complimentary to transition to the signups and provider areas.....but.....

I prefer the original color scheme and Eagle/Flag image.....had the blue been more toned within the red/white/blue theme it would have been revamped to the clean look you have achieved with the addition of these newer images and the simpler layout.....

(Jury is still out on the Beth Owen GIF, but I like the addition 'f "Beth Owen" to the Welcome area on provider pages -- gives that extra nudge for credibility and professinal approach....)
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

nice soothing appearance - when i tried the contact us button it opened AOL and put my write mail window up but no email address in sight. AOL also said the file was too big. might be something you want to look into. when i look at the sites i go through IE6 also about the scrolling, i have a wide screen and had to scroll some. loaded fast though.
          Ann
          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Wow, I love the background! How does one go about getting into the Fun Links section because I would love to be included if you are doing that kind of thing. The picture that I would want is at this location http://www.electronics4dummies.com/logo.jpg and I would want it to go (when you click it) to http://www.electronics4dummies.com If you aren't doing that then it is just fine. THANKS! By the way, some of your buttons need to be a bit bigger for text. Thanks again! :)

Comment

Hi jobo 1953 Love your page looks great. On my browser your 'Healthy-For-Less.com' at top left hand is overlaped by 'Save Money on Your Healthcare'. When I open a link on your page then close that link the site is gone. I prefer to put 'target=blank' on my links so if that page is closed you will always come back to source page. Hope this helps keep up the good work. Phil
              http://www.thegreatgolfer.com

Comment

Hi Jobo.. I agree with everybody who said that sideways scrolling is not a nice thing but.... It doesn;t mean thatyou have a bad site. Your page width is 1850px which is what causes the need to scroll. I would definitely recommend somethingt around the 700px or 800px mark. This means that all your info will not fit in the same width but you caould if you wanted to remove some things from the sides and add it on the bottom. Much better to have a taller page than a wider one :)

Also. A real good tip for you. when the Contact Me button is pressed it has opened an Outlook email window ready for me to type into and of course send to you. I would recommend (instead of that) having a page that is loaded when the button is clicked and then your email address is displayted there with a link to open a new email box (exactly as the contact me button does now). the reason is that only people who use Outlook will be able to contact you. If peope are using Hotmail or Gmail or something similar then the Window will email window will not open. It will appear like the button is not working.

This is important because leaving it the way it is currently will mean you get less emails, less business, less income.

I can elaborate more if it is needed. :)

FPRULES

Comment

I had originally put text links of my email address for contacts on my site. When later I thought that was to easy for spammers, I changed the text links from my email address to words. After reading some of the above post, ( asirimarco,FPRob ) I'm wondering if I have shot myself in the foot

Comment

Well done!
                    I am not experiencing any overlapping, so I guess that's been taken care of. You might want to center your site. I see everything from the left and a blank space on the right.
                    Mike
                    www.suzannemichaelcatering.com

Comment

jobo1953:

I have noticed that sometime things look different on page preview than on BV web site builder. If and when this is the case rely on the page preview and make adjustments accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by FPRob
                        I would recommend (instead of that) having a page that is loaded when the button is clicked and then your email address is displayted there with a link to open a new email box (exactly as the contact me button does now). the reason is that only people who use Outlook will be able to contact you. If peope are using Hotmail or Gmail or something similar then the Window will email window will not open. It will appear like the button is not working.
                        INCORRECT
                        When a visitor uses an email command (other than a Form), the utility they have personally set as their default email editor will open, whichever that may be.

You cannot "force" an email editor upon a user.

Same goes for Browsers...

Comment

Vasili:

Thanks for the correction, I already went to the drug store for septic powder and bandages certin I had shot myself in the foot.

Comment

Originally posted by circuspet.com
                            Vasili:

Thanks for the correction, I already went to the drug store for septic powder and bandages certin I had shot myself in the foot.
                            Personally, I never have to worry about shooting myself in the foot: it's usually in my mouth!

You make me smile......we'd be dangerous together at parties, laughing hysterically at our own jokes! They'd think we were on something we'd hidden since high school....LOL

Comment

I found your site to be very informative. Some of your menu bars on the bottom were off cut short. May take out a membership.

Comment

If anyone is still checking (especially those who have been so kind as to post) I would like to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions. I think I have finally addressed everything so the site should be in pretty good shape. If anyone does see anything else on my site: www.healthy-4-less.com, please let me know.

And thank you again to all who helped!

Comment

Working...
                                X