• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • choco777
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: Trying to get a theme...

You just need some color, like I said before the first thing I notice was no color. on the page of websites it NEEDS color. If you just had some video captures small but something from the videos to get attention, notes around th music link, color just some color. I like your site, the videos are great, the german translation makes it even better,and of course the intelligent druggie in jail. Just spice it up. So many colors to try, invent your own use color cop it is a great tool for matching colors etc. Keep it up, getting better each time I see it,if that is of any consequence.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• helganog
      Master Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Hate the bright colours - looks like a new-worldy spiritual background. Keep it simple in terms of colour, or maybe look for a background that reflects electronics (like the computer chip on your original page).
      That's my two pen'orth. You'll be able to return the favour as soon as I post!
      Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com

Comment

• pemdas21
        Special Status

• May 2006

Okay!!! After a few days I have finally come up with something that I think is decent! Please, tell me what you think... I also created another page that is about electronics for dummies and what I do. http://www.electronics4dummies.com please, tell me what you think!!!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Much better. Cleaner. Simple, logical, and finally presents the "compelling" invitation to drill-in (I like the way you have 'announced' your intention to publish a monthly manual, for instance).
          Go for it!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• pemdas21
            Special Status

• May 2006

Visili! You have no idea how much this means to me!!! I did have this done a few days ago, but right before I saved, my 5 year old laptop that hasn't EVER had an xp reinstall died... :( But thank you soooooo much for the compliment. I am actually going to have an ebay auction for a 468x60 pixel banner ad at the bottom of my homepage. I am thinking $10 for a month. (the site only costs me $15 a year -(minus) google ads)

Comment

• choco777
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

WOW, when I said color in other posts, I meant a little color, toooooo strong, doesn't say electronics.
              Tone it down. You know electronics go well w/white or light gray.
              Choco777
              www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• pemdas21
                Special Status

• May 2006

it used to be silver/gray! Everyone hated it! is this feeling shared by all other bluevoda members? *prepares for the worst* so, what does everyone else think? where is lincslady?

Comment

• choco777
                  Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

I was speaking of something other than the institutional gray used before.
                  Choco777
                  www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• pemdas21
                    Special Status

• May 2006

alright, fair enough. Please, any other reviews? I even am selling ad space (468x60) for $9.99! (one month) go to my site, and scroll down... Click on the picture "your ad here". Please, more reviews!!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

< Personally, I don't think you want to "clutter" your site with ads. And, more along the concept of your site, I think you would get a better response (and benefit from the "natural" traffic metrics) from the establishment of an advertising section, where your biggest service/draw might be a "classifieds" section - users can selll their used eqpmt. for instance. The lower the Fee, the more action you'll get. Try a Memebership scheme: $99/year for up to 20 listings, $5.95 per listing per month otherwise. The whole idea is thus to elevate your website via the 'opportunity' across the board, right?>

To do THIS, I would simply install a phpBB Forum (the new version in Fantastico! has sub-forums) to super-organize the different categories and sections....not just for classifieds, right? ** You can "lock" each particular thread with a single post in it (the listing - like our "Sticky" posts here), and have many threads within a Forum, which could be, for instance :Classifieds, HD, Software, etc. You'll have a standard description format, with the Seller's email address (they sell directly however they want) and you make money if it sells or not - like eBay.

You can always load another Forum to act as your true Forum also...this would also provide some established 'continuity via Community' for you, and give your Users some familiarity with your expanded site......soon to become THE favorite destination?

Comment

• pemdas21
                        Special Status

• May 2006

I would really like to make a forum, and do all of that, but I really don't have the time to maintain it... I am going into my first year of high school in like 2 weeks, and I have all honors and ap classes, so I will be in over my head. Thanks for the ideas though.

Comment

• beegud2
                          Major General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by pemdas21
                          I would really like to make a forum, and do all of that, but I really don't have the time to maintain it... I am going into my first year of high school in like 2 weeks, and I have all honors and ap classes, so I will be in over my head. Thanks for the ideas though.
                          Your site looks great and better each time I see it....good job.

Good luck with school and don't stress out ...with all those classes...lol.

(Sheesh...could I feel any more stupid after this....bare in high school and he's got more going on...lol...kids these days....)
                          Beezz
                          sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

He's not really a kid.
                            He's related to Alien, which explains his accelerated web design skills and why he's so full of php!

LOLOL

Comment

• bill2006
                              Lieutenant General

• May 2006

-Forever too load.
                              -Who is the Google PR for, you or your visitors?
                              -Not sure what it is that bothers me, maybe the cutoff between yr site and Google's adsense (I understand the sales pitch behind it, I'm not a big fan of them).
                              -Looked for the MP3 guide, maybe linking on Guide would be convenient.
                              Bill
                              www.blueearthtea.com
                              www.ftaaconsulting.com
                              www.iaval.com
                              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• pemdas21
                                Special Status

• May 2006

Yep, you know me and those aliens. :) The only reason that I hve the google adsense is so that I can pay for the domain and hosting... I am just a kid, and you aren't allowed to have a real jop until you are like 18. So of course, I am going to be in need of money. Once I recieve my check, I am going to rip google ads from my site, and any others that I might have accrued, and do exactly what has been mentioned... Create a whole page for ads from people. Thanks for the compliment too, visili. Yes, computers have been my life since I was about 6. I created my first website using an online website builder when I was about 9. I have greatly improved since then. (woot woot)

Comment

Working...
                                X