My 1st. what u think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My 1st. what u think?

Search for genealogy sites. You might want to create your own using Powerpoint or a Paint, Paint.Net or Photshop program and link each box to that individual's bio.

Family Tree Maker is pretty good, it is a paid program.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

thank you
      www.thegreateight.net

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

3 Free photo editing programs

http://www.gimp.org/
        http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/Sof.../download1.asp
        http://www.getpaint.net/index.html
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

ok....this should be the last of my publishing until i get the family tree finished.
          if you wanna look over my site one more time feel free and let me know what you think.
          thanx
          www.thegreateight.net

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Thanks everybody for all your help
            www.thegreateight.net

Comment

You're welcome,
              Did anyone mention that there are 9 people in the photo of thegreateight ?
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

wbjunior:

The first thing I didn't understand was the title. I'm no math wiss, but I count 9 people in the title photo.
                I also don't understand how you got so good so fast. You have more bells and whistles than a new Rolls. All done tastefully might I add.
                I like the slide show on the photo page, but think you might be happier putting the small photos below as thumbnails inside an I-frame. It took a long time to load the way they are now. You must have an enormous family to need a forum and Black isn't my personal favorite, I'm 60's not 80's. I don't understand the need for all the bells and whistles for the subject of your site, but it would make an excelent resume attachment for someone looking for a job as a web builder.

Comment

Bill: "the great eight" is a knickname my uncle gave to his dad, 5 uncles and two aunts. the 9th person is everybodys mom. that is the only picture i have of all 8. so (i think) that makes everybody in the pic my great uncles, great aunts and my great grandma, with the exception of the dude in bottom right, my grandpa.

circuspet: thank you for the compliments. i have spent countless hours on this site, and even called in sick to work one day so i could stay home and work on it (probably not a smart thing to do).
                  everything i have published so far is exactly that, bells and whistles. the family tree is still being created. that will be the main attraction for this site, hopefully.
                  www.thegreateight.net

Comment

wbjunior:

this site is truly some thing to be proud of, and I hope you have the time to stick around the forum and help others who will no doubt be admiring your work and wanting to know how you did it.

Comment

thank you, thank you, thank you
                      www.thegreateight.net

Comment

Site looks great. The only thing I would change is the forum template. I think the phpbb2 subsilver is so plain. here are many great templates in there sites gallery. If your like me, this web project is a constant update. But I guess that's what really makes it worth while.

Comment

I figured the great 8 excluded the youngest, which lends tribute to the family elders. Your relatives will almost certainly start sending you pictures and stories. Neat.
                          Bill
                          www.blueearthtea.com
                          www.ftaaconsulting.com
                          www.iaval.com
                          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Wow. I am very impressed! I loved the slide show factor. I am also still learning and agree that it can be very frustrating, but also rewarding. The site I am working on has nothing to sell either, but I am making more of a travelog of sorts from an RV trip we took to Alaska. You've really given me some inspiration. Great job!

Comment

wbjunior:

I'll bet the quote in your signature was one of your greats favorites.

I've always liked " i wasn't born a cynic "

Comment

I love your site!! Gr88 job!!!!
                                still working on website!

Comment

Working...
                                X