• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ollie35
    Staff Sergeant

• Mar 2006

My new pages please take a look

I hope I am o.k just to get advise on my new pages, one set up for clickbank and the other for people to become an affiliate.

The first page is very similar to my homepage in content, so I am looking for advise on the feel of the page and also if people think I should add the all the chapters in the book or leave it as it is?

The page I am looking to get the most advice on is the affiliate page which I have no idea of how to lay out. It is a very important page as others will decide if they wish to join or not, so please be honest.

I have tried to keep it simple and also none of the hard sell that many others use, in my opinion it puts people off. Is it to simple, is there enough info etc ?

Thank you for taking the time to look.

Regards Paul

Pages are: http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/sales_page.html

Anxietynomore provides free help and information for sufferers of anxiety and Panic issues, including Depersonalisation and Intrusive thoughts
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
  • bill2006
    Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Re: My new pages please take a look

You've come to thr right place.

Site is nice, colors are subdued and match the subject.
    -Consider making the e-mail link on this page a working one. http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/affiliate_page.html
    -Same for Home Page at bottom
    -Your affliliate page is untitled.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• ollie35
      Staff Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Thanks Bill, I will make some changes.

Paul
      www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Comment

• islandcrazy
        Major

• Jul 2006

KUDDOS for you, Paul!!!

Here's what i LOVE about your site (i mention this because you said above that you were trying to stay away from a "hard sales" approach):

I knew EXACTLY what your site and your mission was all about IMMEDIATELY! This is very refreshing to me and immediately I "trusted" you....so to speak. There is ALOT of reading on your site, and knowing what it was all about BEFORE i did the reading gave me the choice to read or not read. I did not feel that you were hard selling me, or "tricking" me or pretending to be something different.

I love that you just opened up and shared from your heart. If I ever needed your book or just inspiration from you, I would read every word!! Although I didn't read the whole thing, I did skim through it and feel it is very well laid out and I would be able to find the information I needed easily. I love that your affilate page just "tells it like it is"!

Good job and I'm so glad you found hope and healing and have a way to share it with others. Good luck!
        still working on website!

Comment

• ollie35
          Staff Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Awwwwww thanks for that island, I have gone all funny now lol.

I do get people telling me they trust me actually and to be honest I do care for the people who buy the book and could never as an ex-sufferer take money unless I was very confident in what I was selling.

Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words.

Paul
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Comment

• helganog
            Master Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Hi Paul,
            ditto "island"s comments (we seem to agree on lots of stuff!)
            I would only add that calling the page "sales_page" may seem a bit mercenary when you're obviously interested in a lot more than just selling!
            Good Luck..I may need your book soon.
            Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com

Comment

• Bethers
              Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

The only thing I question is the price - as your home page has the book at $18? The sales page is $19.99 - and the affiliate page is $19.99 with them keeping 1/2.

I'd also be very careful that only people who are asking to be affiliates can see affiliate pricing - that should be password protected. I'm also not sure if I'd call that an affiliate - as I've never seen affiliates make 100% - or it you are instead doing your own drop-shipping?
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

• ollie35
                Staff Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Hi Beth I have now changed this as it was something I spotted myself. To buy the e-book from my site will now take you to the other page, not sure if this was a good idea or if I should have just raised the price for the e-book on the site by a couple of dollars. I had to raise it as people will rarely affiliate below $20 on clickbank so I had little choice.

Helganog very good point and again something I was thinking about, yes you are correct and I will now change this.

Beth also very unsure what you mean by showing affiliates the price, they have to know what they are getting in return and also confused what you mean as to affiliates getting 100%? They only receive 50% or have I missed the point?

Regards Paul

Feedback on any of the above issues would be good.
                www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Comment

• ollie35
                  Staff Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Update I have just put the price up on the e-book from my site, maybe frustrating to be taken to another page.

Beth most people selling through clickbank have some sort of Become an affiliate on their sales page, if someone wants to buy it I can't see how this would put someone off, maybe I am wrong? The book is only available in book form from my site if that is what you meant by drop-shipping and there are no links from there to become an affiliate as I would rather keep my site away from this?

The affiliate program is set up in clickbank and will be available to others if they wish to sell it, it really is seperate from my main site, more of a exstension.
                  www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Comment

• kenhansen
                    First Sergeant

• Jun 2006

I really like your choice of background colors and ppppppictures. They are fitting with your theme. That is something I am working on right now. So many of the pre-packaged templates don't fit the look and feel I am looking for. Good work and good luck!

Comment

• beegud2
                      Major General

• Apr 2006

Hi Paul,

I concur with al lthe other comments and here are afew more to consider -

1st Page - very nice site and I'm viewing with Netscape 8.1 and noticed overlapping on the testimonial letters. Now there is a lot of reading whish is great and being someone who has had the occasional panic attack I appreaciate your site and what you are trying to do. May I suggest breaking up the reading into segments and then have a sort of contents at the top from which a reader may link quickly to the section they want to. Also maybe highlight key words ...like panic attack and ;link to a blurb of what you say in your book so that readers have a glimpse of what you offer...or even the official description incase people need more info an what it is.

2nd Page - I would do snapshots - screen shots of different chapters ofyour book...or somehting like amazon.com does with their books (front page, endpage, contents and first 3 pages or so) for affiliate members to see and really know what it is they are promoting. It is also a great way for readers to see what your book is about ( although you really do a wonderful job in the first page) and purchase.

Sorry for the lenghty reply.
                      Beezz
                      sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

• bill2006
                        Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Consider selecting "_blank" as the target for HealingWell.com or you will risk losing visitors.
                        Every page has a consistent look, (headers and NavBar) basically the same design, except Food so it looks like patched in.
                        Bill
                        www.blueearthtea.com
                        www.ftaaconsulting.com
                        www.iaval.com
                        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• lovethatbluegrassmusic
                          Major

• Jul 2006

Nice and Neat!
                          Brad Arnold.......