My Site...1st one so go easy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Site...1st one so go easy!

Hey all...this is my new mobile hairstylist site...please let me know what you think and criticism is politely received. i just want a good website after all!

please ignore the text font as this is an on going issue at the moment. the original font was not website safe!

Thank-you

www.indigohairdesigns.com
    www.indigohairdesigns.com

Re: My Site...1st one so go easy!

It looks great, I love the colors. It does not look centered though. Good job
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Your site is WONDERFUL! I love the contemporary feel and everything about it! I like that you put your picture (so adorable) and your mission statement front and center! Great job. I think you have a fantastic idea and I wish I lived in your area!!!

BUT....something I may have missed, do you have pictures of your work? I would probably never call a stylist without seeing some of her haircuts /styles or knowing some of her clients.

I would suggest taking some pictures of actual clients hairstyles and putting them in a gallery on your site. Children, women and men. Ordinary people and your most popular styles.

Another thing would be to have customer testimonials, or even BUSINESS CONTACTS/references.....you say you worked for 12 years as a stylist....I think you should list all of the salons you have worked in and give reference numbers so people can call and check you out! Or even the beauty school you attended, awards you have won, seminars you go to, etc. This would go a long way in making you more "professional."

Good luck!
      still working on website!

Comment

Nice, cool feel, as per previous reviewers; the subliminal nitpicker found a typo: Rachel has always maitained a strong relationship with her...
        From a reader point of view I'd prefer the owner talking to me, i.e. first person, the question of who's telling us about Rachel is open, and what's their qualification? It is Rachel's website....certainly customer testimonials are preferable and helpful, although the references to previous salons could be tricky to control.

Comment

From a guys perspective, this is a very good and inviting site. It is just slightly off center. To center your page, open your page in BV and right click anywhere on the page and select "page properties". It will open a window. Here you will see several options, the ones you really want to pay attention to are "title, page width and a check box that says center in page". Make sure the box is checked, set you page width to 800 and name your page in the title area. Give it a name that will be recognized by search engines... something catchy. This will give you a better chance of being seen by perspective clients when they surf the web.

By the way, I actually like the font. Very good job and all the links work too. Only bummer is that I live on the other side of the planet :(
          Mike
          www.suzannemichaelcatering.com

Comment

Hi

I think your site looks great. I like the font too.

One little thing - your text on your home page is aligned left, I always think it looks better when it is justified. Just highlight the text and select the justify icon and it just tidies it up.

Great job though.

kp
            kp

www.pooleyenterprises.com

Comment

Agree with comments above and and love your site ...very simple and well organized. Just enough information without going overboard. You might want a picture upload section for clients to send you their pictures or ideas for styles they want for the weddings you do. Like islandcrazy suggested pictures of before and after shots would be nice and also a wedding album page maybe to suggest styles brides can see....ones that you specialize in...etc.
              Beezz
              sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

It's nice and simple, tells you everything you need to know, and looks good!
                Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com

Comment

Gosh, I think you did a great job. Snazzy

Comment

Your header took forever to load on my dialup connection today - I wouldn't have waited around normally :(

You also need to get the areas you cover (including country) in your title and on the home page (and home page title) - as you're going to otherwise be getting lots of clicks - and most not worth your time at all.

Good luck - and good color choices.
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Rachel, I am presuming you are UK? It's not very clear, especially with a .com domain. If you are though and you want some really good FREE advertising add yourself to my wedding directory http://www.ukweddingstore.co.uk when it comes to the payment bit just bypass that. You have a really beautiful website, it will be a pleasure to list you on my directory
                      Ramsey
                      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
                      X