• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Another one.....

Comments, criticism, praise...come on throw it at me!!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.
  • Nite Producer
    Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

Re: Another one.....

I like the girls yeah :))))) but not the lines you got in the head title of your web site's name, forget about that, it's bad idea, create a small simple logo and plce it there, but why you have that 3 first photos in the main pages, reapetition is bad idea too, change them in each page.

did I throw wnough for now ;)))

Anyway, great job, like your web site.
    The Producer

Comment

• bill2006
      Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Who is your audience?
      .....give it some thought.

ps. Jeremy has offered free headers.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• beegud2
        Major General

• Apr 2006

Like the site ...agree with NP although I understand why u did it that way. I think by putting more pictures on the other pages you could have your audience more curious and wanting to see more ...thus keeping them on your site. I would even link the pictures if not too much trouble to take them to the areas with that group of dresses. ALthough I like your 'next page'...most brides are going to just want to get into seeing the pictures so you might want to provide a direct link on the first page itself to get to those dresses ...don't keep us gals waiting.

On another note...have your considered carrying ethnic bridal wear like Saris etc....large market there and you might be surprised how many new brides are looking for different ethinic ideas for their weddings as well...just a thought. I hae few sites I can send your way if you are interested.
        Beezz
        sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

• islandcrazy
          Major

• Jul 2006

hey Ramsey!! U r busy!!

I love the pics on the first page...they are beautiful! and I wanted to see more, but I couldn't get into the products page as it kept timing out on me....drats.

Honestly??......ok......I think it is "cold". Sorry!!! Your other one last week was more elegant. The straight blue lines and geometric style, to me, does not fit with these glamorous, soft, romantic gowns. I'm not sure how to fix it....maybe add a background color and soften the lines somehow--make them more transparent or satiny, or curved or something?...or maybe put some of the text in some script/italic?......but it seems too "office" looking to me instead of high-end boutique. maybe it is the white and dark blue combo....maybe if it was rich pink lines/rose (not red) or white lines on a tinted background???

Hmmmm don't know. Then again,maybe your audience here is a corporate buyer and not a bride.....so not really sure.

Just my opinion from an artsy point of view. Technically, I find it easy to navigate, interesting, and I wanted to look at the dresses!!!! So that is GREAT!!!
          still working on website!

Comment

• Marincky
            General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by beegud2
            ALthough I like your 'next page'...most brides are going to just want to get into seeing the pictures so you might want to provide a direct link on the first page itself to get to those dresses ...don't keep us gals waiting.
            I am not selling to brides?? I don't want brides looking at this site. This is a site for bridal retailers, distributors etc, so don't want to look like a bridal retail site with lots of pretty laid out dresses for girlies?

Taken on board what you have said everyone and will work on it : - )

Thank you
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Marincky
              General

• Apr 2006

[quote=islandcrazy]
              Hmmmm don't know. Then again,maybe your audience here is a corporate buyer and not a bride.....so not really sure.
              quote]

YAY!!!!!!! Someone got it at last!!!!!!! : - )

Ramsey

Comment

• islandcrazy
                Major

• Jul 2006

oh!!!!! NO girlies, huh? LOL LOL LOL

Now I get it! Ok, scratch off my "artsy" comments above. It does look more like a "commercial" site....so there, you did it!

Comment

• Marincky
                  General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by islandcrazy
                  but I couldn't get into the products page as it kept timing out on me....drats.
                  You are the last person on this planet with dial up? LOL
                  : - )

Comment

• islandcrazy
                    Major

• Jul 2006

ROFL! Do I Get a Prize??????? LOL (for guessing your audience!!)

Comment

• islandcrazy
                      Major

• Jul 2006

Ok, Ramsey!! Put up your dukes!!! LOL

I'll have you know that over 50% of all internet users are on dial-up! It's a CURSE! I know!! I'm working on getting satellite, but there are only two companies in my area that offer it....and one is going to jail for tax evasion .....!!

Have mercy on we lowly dialups! But I'm sure your customers who shop the internet regularly will have high speed. Good luck!

Comment

• Marincky
                        General

• Apr 2006

Ok... well on to the next one.... this guy got me making him SIX websites...silly really cos they all for the same company???? But anyway, Will have a relook at it tomorrow and maybe take away them lines in the logo, I wasn't 100% sure about them

Night Night it's 3am here!

Comment

• beegud2
                          Major General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by Marincky
                          I am not selling to brides?? I don't want brides looking at this site. This is a site for bridal retailers, distributors etc, so don't want to look like a bridal retail site with lots of pretty laid out dresses for girlies?

Taken on board what you have said everyone and will work on it : - )

Thank you
                          ooopsie...sorry...forgot that when posting...fuhgitabout what I said on that note...lol
                          Beezz
                          sigpic

Comment

• Marincky
                            General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by beegud2
                            ooopsie...sorry...forgot that when posting...fuhgitabout what I said on that note...lol
                            fuhgitabout??? I love that word!!!! I might steal that one from you ; - )

Comment

• beegud2
                              Major General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by Marincky
                              fuhgitabout??? I love that word!!!! I might steal that one from you ; - )

hehehehehe...I lve that one too...especially when Hugh Gran tires to say it in that Movie Mickey Blue Eyes...lol....have fun using it....
                              Beezz
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X