New website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New website

Aloha, I finally got my first website up. Now it needs a lot more work but I need some feedback. I have some text in blue and some in black. Which looks better. I would like to rotate the pictures if possible if anyone knows how. Please don't tell me to use the banner rotation icon. I found that but how do you make it rotate? This would save some room at the top. I thought of putting an animated hula girl under a **** tree or a picture of my cat stretched out on a beach chair wearing a pair of sunglasses. This could be my logo. I would really like some input on the text message. Would you buy the ebook? Why or why not? Thanks a lot ahead of time.
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Re: New website

http://www.hawaiionyourown.com/ ?Is this the one you are talking about.

If yes- then.........

1. I like the blue text.
    2. Love the pictures
    3. Drop the last picture and make the page 800 width
    4. Maybe have a little more about the book (maybe a table of contents, post a page or two,
    how many pages, etc...)
    5. As it stands- I need more info before I plop down any amount of money.

It looks really good so far. Great colors and photos.

Andy

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

scuba...we need the link!!! Hurry! I want to look before Ihave to cook supper!
      still working on website!

Comment

Ditto on Andy's comments. Very nice simple site. I see something on the first picture that says double click but not sure what it's for...I tried dcing but nothing happened ...it might be something you forgot to remove before publishing...anyhoo..good job and I think you could use the pictures to link to a quick peek of pages in your book as an incentive for people to see before purchasing.

Take it fro ma book lover...I nevr buy the book without at least reading inside a page or two to see if I really am interested.

Good luck
        Beezz
        sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Nice job! I agree with everything Andy and the Queen said! I was going to suggest a few "sneak peaks" at the pages. Keep up the good work!
          still working on website!

Comment

Oooohhh the memories... I spent 10 days in Waikiki on my honeymoon... I wanted to stay. I love the photos so far, and I am asuming that you must be working on the site this moment because there's only one link, and when I click on "here to continue the process", all I get is a blank page that resembles the begining of a form page requesting preliminary information but nothing to click on; even if I did fill in the blanks... I can't wait to see more photos. If they're anything like mine...they have got to be spectacular. And by the way, I will more than happily pay $12 on good information, because I actually paid over $200/night at the Hyatt when there was a hotel just behind at $45/night. Oh yeah, did I mention this was 10 years agao...Imagine that!
            Blessed be thy site...can't wait to see the end product.
            Mike
            www.suzannemichaelcatering.com

Comment

Nice site, couple of little things.
              -For whatever reasons your headings, under the pics, 'Waikiki Beach, etc' all except Waimea Falls are overlapping the blue screen below. Just enough to look out of order.
              -On larger screens (1280) the template ends in a jagged line and then there's a white space about an inch wide running vertically. This could be the template.
              -There's no doubt Hawaii is wonderful, invite the users to experience it. By the way, inviting to an infamous beach might not be good advertising.

Waimea is probably the most awesome place.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Nice site. I like the blue text over the black. I don't like the yellow highlighting - makes me feel I'm at one of the sites that I consider "used car sites" - that's how I associate that yellow highlighting - would rather see you use links or bold that text.

You have the widest possible page - I'm not saying you have to go with 800 width - but certainly don't go larger than 1024 or you're ruling out more than 50% of your customers from seeing your pages without scrolling right to left.

I also agree about snippets from the book - if not whole pages - at least some couple sentence quotes to draw me in.

Good job so far.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Nice pictures . iprefer black text over blue it's easier to read. yes the yello highlighting makes it look a bit unprofessiaonl maybe by using a different or bigger text can replce the highlight functions:) hmm wish I could go to hawaii someday

Comment

Thanks for the tips! It is a work in progress.
                    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Aloha,
                      I think you have already made a few changes as I couldn't see any yellow highlighting! Like the blue text. I got a sideways scroll as the page was too wide.. Also the picture of Waimea falls is bigger than the rest..looks odd.
                      Is the lone quote mark in front of lolani supposed to be there?

When I click on Sales...Page not found.
                      Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com

Comment

Working...
                      X