website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website

an honest critque of my site will be appreciated.

www.affiliate999.com

regards steve

Re: website

Hi Steve, It looks great and I will bookmark your site but...most don't like a sideward scroll. On your buttons, once you click on the button, you still have the BV button behind it so you might want to change that as well.
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Thanks for your input, i will change the buttons, i`m not to sure what you mean by the sidewards scroll?

rgds steve

Comment

Sidewards scrolling occurs when web pages have a large width; thus, once published, it creates a scroll bar on the bottom of the page as well as the side. This is usually a very big turn off. It can be easily solved by opening your page in BV and right clicking anywhere on the page (not on an image), when you get the window that opens up, click on page properties and adjust the page width accordingly.
        However, on your page, I didn't need to side scroll at all, so I'm not sure exactly what page is being referenced to. Perhaps SChajin can be more specific...

On another note, this is a VERY GOOD and VERY INFORMATIVE site. I really like that everything is very well explained and there is no apparent question unanswered.
        I think that once you change the buttons and refine it here and there (believe me you will find yourself spending alot of time on this particular project), this site will be absolutely great!
        This is just the begining and it already looks very very good! I am really looking forward to seeing the end result on this one...
        Mike
        Mike
        www.suzannemichaelcatering.com

Comment

Nice work, very neat, good on the eyes.... but, as above... Sidewards scroll gotta go!!! ; - )
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ditto on above comments but otherwise VERY NICE!!!
            Beezz
            sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks everybody for your comments, i will be changing the buttons soon, plus updating content when necessary. I will be building this site as a resource site for anybody interested in affiliate marketing.

thanks again
              steve

Comment

i cant see any sidescrolling bars on my site. May i ask what browsers you guys are using to view my site?

regards steve

Comment

Very nice! I use IE 6 and yes there is a sideways scroll. What resolution do you have your monitor set at? I think that may make a difference for you not seeing what everyone else is. If I maximize the screen for your site, the scroll is not there, but I think most people do not max their screen. Hope that helps. Very basic, but thats about all I'm good for. haha
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Steve, worth bookmarking.
                    -No sideways scroll here.
                    -On this page http://www.affiliate999.com/viralmarketing.html the links steer users away from your page. Consider changing the link to _blank so it opens a new window.
                    -Any reason why yr name is in lower caps or was this a typo oversight?
                    -There's no contact link.
                    Bill
                    www.blueearthtea.com
                    www.ftaaconsulting.com
                    www.iaval.com
                    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

ok folks, pages now updated. Is that better?

regards steve

Comment

thanks Bill, will update again later.

regards steve

Comment

New windows - done, except for: Mesothelioma and MPlook - UK Search Engine and Web Directory (perhaps this can be moved under the former.

I forgot to mention it the first time, consider removing the counter, there's a way to check stats in your cpanel.
                          Bill
                          www.blueearthtea.com
                          www.ftaaconsulting.com
                          www.iaval.com
                          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Steve,

Nice easy site to read. I checked a few links and they work well. I use CompUserve as a main browser and had to scroll to the right to see all of your site. Found it distracting if I wanted to go anywhere else on your site. If I wasn't interested in affiliate marketing I might have left quickly.

Ted
                            Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

You have done a nice job explaining clearly and directly what you are all about and what affiliate marketing means. Being someone who doesn't have a clue about that, I found your site refreshing,informative and very helpful. Thank you!
                              still working on website!

Comment

Working...
                              X