smooth as oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smooth as oil?

Taken more time than I should but we are rolling. I redid the front page to make it simple. your comments would be appreciated. Please comment on the demo -- too long? boring? does it sell? let me know how to improve. I'm hoping to make my living here- so give to me straight!!

www.frictionmaster.com

Re: smooth as oil?

Hey!

Wow! Very impressed! You have spent some time on your website! Job well done! Your demo's give great explanations!

It's good to sell! Much success to you!

*two thumbs up*
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Frictionmaster-

Great product!! Here is an honest eval of the site;

1- Center the main page and make 800 width
      2- Would suggest that you loose the blue borders and make
      the grey background white. Too many colors is like too many
      fonts on one page- taboo.
      3-30 minute video. If you can't capture the audience in under 5 minutes
      most won't bother. I watched most of the first video (mechanical things intrigue me) but it could have been shortened. For instance- cut the parts where you are cleaning the race etc..

A white background is a traditional "business" type background. Too many colors cheapen a business site. That is my opinion.

Nice job on the organization of the site and its structure. You do have a great product. Might want to out line briefly in the very begining just how this product can be used by all , and then go into the demonstration.

Just some thoughts.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanx for the evaluation. It's much appreciated. Thaats more help than I got from my Expert 19 yr old. I made the video sop as to show no sleight of hand. Maybe not necessary to go that long. But they can go to the "Catalog" any time they want

Comment

I like your intention of not trying to show slight of hand. But would hesitate on loosing potential customers on impatience.

You have a great product. I have used similar procucts and can attest to their making cars last longer. Had a 1992 Ford Aerostar van with over 250,000 miles on it and no major repairs. Generally, trans needs replacing on those puppies at/around 100,000.

You can always have an alternate link to "See Full lenght Demonstration"
          for those skeptics.

Anyway- keep up the food work!!

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I like the suggestions that were made. But it looks well organized and I am impressed even though I am not in your customer base. Great job! Good Selling!
            www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

I would get rid of every instance you use the phrase "click here" - it's much more important that you make the clickable text good anchor text with your keywords - what you're doing is telling se's that your most important words on the page are "click here" :) -

Examples - you could change the first click here to:
              See how SFR Fortifiers work together with your etc etc - making the bolded words the colored clickable words.

Third one down:
              Compare SFR Fortifiers with other etc etc

this makes the important words the clickable words - you bold them and make them the different color - keep the underlining with the link - people recognize that as links.

You'll make your page much more professional this way.

Then - give your page a title - right now it says "home" - which doesn't tell your customer or the se's anything. You need the title to be your most important keywords.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi,
                I really liked the look of your site. It's clear and clear! I like the colours.
                With regard to the demo...I lost interest after 1.29 minutes, but there agin I'm a girl! (open floodgates for complaints). I do ride a 750 motorbike through... If I was interested in such-like the demo seemed clear and obviously not staged or too OTT. Maybe a series of stills with captions would work for a short version, with the above suggested link for the full action version?
                Just a side note to Bethers - that's good advice about the "click here"...I'm off to change my site having read your comments! Thanks.
                Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com

Comment

Oh, one last thing. I had a play on the catalog and when the checkout page is reached the Paypal logo and the text "Make payment through Paypal" are overlapping
                  Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com

Comment

I agree with Andy about re-thinking your background scheme.
                    A white background for the "page" area would not only make your content "pop" but is more conforming to a business-like presentation: cleaner, more legible.
                    And, the suggestion to offer 2 formats for vids is a real "must" nowadays. Having a 3 minute or less "brief" intro is a given, and the option to "drill-in" with a more complete presentation is an indication of your professionalism (both website design and business). *Having such choices "solves" your intention to offer visitors ample information without appearing to withold or deceive.

To "clean up" your eliptical shapes, try reducing the border lines to 2pt throughout, especially after the page goes white....the white backgrounds inside your shapes will then be sufficiently "highlighted" by the crisper eliptical and square shapes, which offer the emphasis you seek without the visual conflict. Or, experiment with a hex or octagonal....suqare-based shapes present much cleaner, and the newer BV offers more choices.

IMO
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hey- Thanks to all you guys for your excellent suggestions. I will be following everyones suggestions. Excellant points from all. I really appreciate it. I/m also happy that everyone is picking up these excellant ideas.

Comment

I'm impressed, your web site is very detailed and has a significant amount of useful information, I gather you will be sharing it with the major OEM's in North America.
                        -Are those prices US or Canadian dollars ?
                        -On your menu please chamge Testamonials to Testimonials
                        The downstream lubricnat buinsess is ruthless, dot yout i's and cross your t's. The underlining in this link (FAQ) COMPEZOL Synthetic Comressor Oil Fortifier is a bit long. Same with Fortifier (black r) on http://www.frictionmaster.com/faq_index.html.
                        -Consider personnel certifications, if anyone on your staff is STLE, say so.
                        -Oxidation and rusting are two different things. Rusting normally refers to iron while oxidation is the process. best to say oxidation and rusting.
                        -Good videos !!
                        Bill
                        www.blueearthtea.com
                        www.ftaaconsulting.com
                        www.iaval.com
                        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Wow, it looks like you have everything captured here. I'm not an expert at all when it comes to machinery & parts, your site is well laid out. Easy to find what your looking for and purchase. Good job.

Comment

Good site. Looks like a winners site. You could improve the *****ness in some things. They look a little fuzzy/blurry. Great job!

Comment

Hey!

Just wanted to add that your site has great reliable facts and sources!
                              Best regards,
                              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
                              X