• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coffeegourmet
    Second Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

Re: Make Voda Pages on Two Computers

Okay I think I got all that. Right now I have everything on my "main computer" for when I move, I want it to be easy. What I am really thinking of is when I go on holidays and stuff and need to access my store from whereever, and republish. I guess I won't be away that long, as long as I can still process orders, should be great!

I am still getting used to this voda stuff but I am liking it already!
    My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

• TrickyRick
      First Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Coffeegourmet,

If you are planning to be on the road, Vasili's idea of pushing your files up to your FTP site is the answer. That way you can pull them down to any system any place if you have rights to do so. It would also require the install of BlueVoda on that system but it's pretty small and quick but again you would be limited only by the permissions of the system.
      It can be a great day but it's your choice!

Rick
      P.S. Don't let the world pass you by, ride out ahead of it on a motorcycle!

http://www.deepsouthrides.com

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Vasili,
        That was pretty much what I was saying - only for a change, you managed to do it more concisely :).

But he didn't understand WHY they weren't working - meaning I had to explain over and over - as I had already explained your method to him not in the forum! Sometimes it takes a village (in this case a forum) to get a point across :)

Thanks for making it concise.

I always keep all my files on the computer - and always backup to an external device or two.

I haven't done the ftp yet - but should do so - there may be a time I do want the files all on another computer as stated!
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X