• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sammys Treasurebox
    Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Searchable/Editable Wiki

I've only discovered Wiki within the last year and a half and I've grown to love it (even if I can't get mine to work). The problem with the forums is that you have to search and search and then there's no guarantee you'll find what you're looking for. So then you have to post your problem and wait for someone to answer the thread. The waiting takes up your time, and the time it takes to answer the thread of the same questions people ask over and over is a waste of the forum moderator's time. The more time spent on the same old questions leaves less time for other questions to be addressed.

If you guys created a wiki with the basic questions a newbie asks and can just plug into a search I think it would be much more efficient. The forums could be used for questions people can't find in their wiki search. The well seasoned Voda users could help by adding some of their expertise if they don't mind.

Just a thought anyway. ^_^
  • davidundalicia
    General

• Mar 2006

Re: Searchable/Editable Wiki

Sammy,
    just over a year ago, I had exactly the same thoughts that you have expressed above.
    But in time, I came to realize that our own search facility combined with the generous help from the voda family is more than sufficient to get any item of information that I required.

The problem with most good forums is that people like you and me are basically in a hurry, or just plain lazy, or do not understand how to search the forums.

I bet that if we had a sooperdooper up to date wiki, that we would still be getting the same questions a year from now.....................

I always keep one thing in mind when I offer help and advice, and that is that, I always remember that I was a newbie once..........

have fun
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• Sammys Treasurebox
      Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Would it be possible to add a search box in the forums? I know the forums are full of all sorts of useful information. The problem is I don't have enough time to give each thread a good once over due to time constraints. I don't like having to ask questions about things that are probably already posted and I could probably find myself if I had more time. I'm having a hard time finding what I need by skimming the thread titles.

Comment

• Sammys Treasurebox
        Sergeant

• Mar 2007

I just found the search box! YAY!!! Guess I'm still getting oriented to this particular forum >.>

Comment

• davidundalicia
          General

• Mar 2006

Its been there all the time Sammy, just goes to show that what I posted above was correct.............now enjoy, but sometimes its just quicker to ask.
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
          X