Text alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text alignment

It would be great if it were possible to have different paragraph alignments in the same text box. For instance, if I have a quote that is left-justified and I want the person credited with the quote to be right-justified, I currently have to put the two in separate text boxes and align them manually.

Thanks,
    Sandra
    www.randallruback.com

Re: Text alignment

I think this may be possible, don't hold me to this though. Try the following.

Within the text box itself, highlight the text you want left justified and click the left justification button thus making the text move to the left. Now highlight the text you want to do right justify and click the right justification button, this should move only the text selected to the right and not the previously selected text.

I know this works with colour so don't see why it shouldn't work on alignment.

Give the above a go and let us know how you get on.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

No, it can’t be done. I know it’s a bit long winded. But you can achieve this with a table. Just have a table with “let’s say” 1 Colum & 10 rows. Now set everything to 0, “padding/boarders etcetera” Now you can set each cell to how you wish & still get it looking like a word document.
      The other advantage? Is the text wont move around the page with some browsers if all is installed into one nest of tables?
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

you should also be able to do it in HTML boxes. you can put the alignment tags around whatever text you want.
        Best Regards,
        Alex
        Surveillance Systems
        Restaurant POS | Retail POS
        Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Originally posted by aconstas1
          you should also be able to do it in HTML boxes. you can put the alignment tags around whatever text you want.
          No, you cannot use a HTML box as you suggested.
          An HTML "box" is just that: to inset code into, which will then properly be functional, as the "box" (in BV) establishes the scripting inside a mimiced "shell" so it can become a "satisfied" element within the layers of a CSS page...... re-sizing or re-positioning an HTML box is done manually, and does not dictate how the code inside will present. That must be adjusted by adjusting the code itself.
          * Properly installed code relates to the HTML box in only one respect: the top left corner. Is the exact positioning of where the code will begin, and the corner of the visible "box" aids in placement on the page in this manner.

Alignment tags in HTML are a regular part of writing straight code, and Dreamweaver has the auto-tools to add them easily.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X