Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Text-Double Click and view a white page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text-Double Click and view a white page?

Hi VB,

Thank you for BV ver. 9.1 and the many new problem solving features.

The "save as an image" option has solved many of my problems of text misalignment and extended empty space between paragraphs and new text blocks.

However there is one important feature which still needs to be attended to, which is the white background of the text frame.

When your design uses a dark background you will naturally use a light colored text so that it can be read against the dark background.

The problem is when you want to edit the white text. Double click the text frame and all that appears is an all white background which renders the light colored text invisible which makes it cumbersome to work with.

Would'nt it be nice if the background changes automatically from white to black or dark grey whenever you use a light colored text?

This option is available in a lot of photo software.

I hope BV will please look at this problem and hopefully rectify it?

Thank you in advance.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Re: Text-Double Click and view a white page?

for you, just highlight the text and change the background.

Comment

And remember - you do not want MOST of your text to be an image. That feature should only be used sparingly - as se's cannot read images - and some computers have them blocked also.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Text-Double Click and view a white page? for you, just highlight the text and change the background.

AmaDee.

Sorry AmaDee your suggestion does not work as the color is embedded as part of the background of the text.

I just want to be able to see the text when I am editing and retain the original transparent background after I am finished editing the text so the background image or graphic can be seen through the text.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Here is a quick workaround that might just help you. Open the properties of the text box and temparary change its background to a dark colour, then its easy to edit the text. When done, just change the text box background back to Automatic.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

That is double work Tom vR. It would be easier for me to use dark lettering and when I am finished, reolor the text white.

What I am suggesting is something on the lines of Adobe Photoshop to detect and change the background of the text background from dark to light automatically.

Thanks for the suggestion.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            State of Johor.

Comment

Yes I agree and I,'m supporting you on this. But in the mean time the workaround works okay, for me at least.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X