Dedicated Forum Reader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated Forum Reader

I would like to see a way to not miss out on the "oldie but damn goodie" posts on this forum, yet set my user options in my forum usercp to no more than 2 years old. I still haven't figured out the forum default age...lol. (What can mess up a new person to the forum is seriously outdated threads, and then they unknowingly post to them). What threw me in the "Dark Side" and then being invited to a forum was the fact that I had no clue of what a forum was.

I've come a long way, baby....believe me! LOL!

Also, what a newbies idea of an "oldie but goodie" is definitely a serious variable to contend with. So how about considering "basic" tutorials and "intermediate" tutorials and the rest who are really up to speed just get drafted in moderators...lol.

I love you guys...keep on helping us and your ticket to utopia will be paid up in full with spending cash to boot....guaranteed in every religion....lol.

Best Regards,
    Karen Williams
    Your Belief is Your Reality

Re: Dedicated Forum Reader

Okay,

here is a step further into what I am asking for.....a "you don't have a clue, and this is the forum for you". You will be required to read and understand, yes, understand, and if you don't then ask for help here in this forum. If you show that you have the background to proceed to the other forums, then we will direct you to post threads in other forums.

Yes, looking at this from a lot of other views, this sounds too hardcore.
    But, the ones who don't understand the terminolgoy or grasp the real concepts of an internet presence will know that this is where they need to start.

Yes...you will get those who think they know it all, but we see this in all forums in every day life. But if you have have a clearly marked forum that says "START HERE For All Those Who are New" and do not proceed until you have the basics down pat, then you will always have threads that are potentially "GOLD" not get sidelined and downtrodded by the inept.

I guess my point is that the newbies need handholding, (sorry to be so blunt), but I was there, and still to some extent, a lot still there. I have over 20 years in retail experience in the "Brick and Mortar" storefront, but the internet is a complete 360 degree turnaround and it is hard for the average brick and mortar retailer to grasp the intricasies of the internet.

Okay, so maybe I am asking too much. But my thread on robot.txt file is just one example of what should be in the "Newbies Forum". And the other posts I have made should probably be there, too.

This way I could read and learn without getting severely sidetracked by a whole lot of posts that waylay the conversations on the threads that I need to read and learn about.

Am I making any sense, or am I too green to deal with?

Sincerely,
    Karen Williams
    Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Re: Dedicated Forum Reader

Originally posted by karenwms63 View Post

Am I making any sense, or am I too green to deal with?

Sincerely,
      A lot of what you pointed out makes a great deal of sense Karen..........

We do have a "tips and tricks" forum but once again, this does not go far enough for the beginners.

The problem with such a large and popular forum such as this, is to actually
      organise the data to suit the different levels that are required.

But, if you wish to help to do something to remedy this, please contact me by email.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
      X