• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Christi B
    Master Sergeant

• Jul 2008

More domains

Hi,

I have a main domain listed in CP.; it was my first site. I have more sites which are pointing to Voda from *******. I am building a new site and wish to work on it in CP but cannot find any info on how to add it to the list. All I get is the mian domain. How do I add this new one and where?

Many thanks.

• jkadin
    Brigadier General

• Jan 2008

Re: More domains

they will be called add on domains heres a link
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

You will also want to create on your own computer in MY DOCUMENTS or DOCUMENTS a new folder for your add on domain. Inside you will want to store all the new .bvp files you create with blue voda .. this will prevent overwriting your exisiting .bvp files that may have the same name, example .. index .. each new domain needs it's own index page .. another may be contact, etc.,

Once you have added on your domain, created your .bvp files you will need to publish to that directory .. To do so, you will need to physically type the name of the directory (domain name you have added) after the public_html in the publish box when you go to publish from Blue Voda .. and then of course when you want to publish to your main domain, you will need to remove this.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Christi B
        Master Sergeant

• Jul 2008

Originally posted by jkadin View Post
        they will be called add on domains heres a link
        http://www.vodahost.com/demowolf/x3/...-x3-addon.html

Hey thanks for the link.:)

Comment

• Christi B
          Master Sergeant

• Jul 2008

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
          You will also want to create on your own computer in MY DOCUMENTS or DOCUMENTS a new folder for your add on domain. Inside you will want to store all the new .bvp files you create with blue voda .. this will prevent overwriting your exisiting .bvp files that may have the same name, example .. index .. each new domain needs it's own index page .. another may be contact, etc.,

Once you have added on your domain, created your .bvp files you will need to publish to that directory .. To do so, you will need to physically type the name of the directory (domain name you have added) after the public_html in the publish box when you go to publish from Blue Voda .. and then of course when you want to publish to your main domain, you will need to remove this.
          Ok thanks for the xtra info, which hopefully will all make sense once I work through it.
          :)

Comment

• bayavuge
            Private

• Aug 2008

Hi there,

The add-on gets created as from the tutorial explains but once i tried to browse it independantly from the main domain name it failed. I loads when i type www.add-on.maindomain.com but if write www.add-on.com if fails, can somebody tell me how to solve that?

Alain

Comment

• Persephone
              Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Originally posted by bayavuge View Post
              Hi there,

The add-on gets created as from the tutorial explains but once i tried to browse it independantly from the main domain name it failed. I loads when i type www.add-on.maindomain.com but if write www.add-on.com if fails, can somebody tell me how to solve that?

Alain
              I am having a similar problem . I have two domains meant to be totally separate sites. for me the url for my add on domain is : mydomain.com/addondomain/

how shall this be fixed ?!

Comment

• LynnsBiz
                Private First Class

• Aug 2008

Re: More domains - more details please!

Hi! I'm very new at this. Could anyone help with more details? A step-by-step would be great!!!

I also have 2 domains and am very confused by the whole process.

1st domain: No problem - Have outside provider for the domain name. Changed the name servers to voda host as instructed.

2nd domain: What do I do and in what order?
                I have the domain name at the same outside provider. Do I need to change the name server as well?

I created the domain addon but not sure what that does.

How do the files work?
                - If I make changes to a page in BlueVoda and publish, does it update my files?
                - Do I have to upload files for the 2nd domain or does if upload automatically when I publish?

See, I need help!!

Thank you to anyone who can help all of this come together and make sense!!!
                Lynn :)

Is there a place in VodaHost that explains the terms and what things are? If not, anyone have a recommended web site?
                Thank you!

Lynn
                www.lynnsbiz.com

Comment

• LynnsBiz
                  Private First Class

• Aug 2008

I found my answer after I posted this. Sorry - I must have used different search terms this time.

Here's the answer in case it will help anyone!

(#2 is for an outside domain hosting company.)

1. Leave your domain name where it is, and simply enter your VodaHost Control Panel to create an "add-on" domain, and list this new domain name as required.
                  2. Return to where you purchased this new domain name, and simply make the proper DNS (Domanin Name Server) changes in your User Panel there so this new domain "points" to your VodaHost account and the specific servers your account reside on.
                  3. Now you can simply PUBLISH your new website that you used Blue Voda to create, being sure to add the extra info in the Publish Dialog box:
                  public_HTML/newdomain.com
                  (assuming you have the newer verson of cPanel, you need to add the ".com" -- if you have the older version, you do not add the ".com" and you know which version you have just by this mention)
                  Thank you!

Lynn
                  www.lynnsbiz.com

Comment

Working...
                  X