Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to download my files from CPanel to Another pc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to download my files from CPanel to Another pc?

Hi everyone.

From my CPanel (-->FileManager), I am trying to download a picture folder to another computer. I can see the folder in FileManager but don't know how to proceed next. I would like to be able to copy-paste the folder on my local computer at work. Can anyone help, please?

P.S. I already know how to do this using FTP in BlueVoda, but this computer at my office doesn't have BlueVoda software on it, and I really don't want to install it since I use exclusively for business.
    Thanks very much for helping me.

Herman

Re: How to download my files from CPanel to Another pc?

Download it to a removeable storage device on the non-business computer and take the file/s to work.
    Or..email it to the work computer.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Thanks for your clever answer CTerry , but let's assume that I DON'T have a storage device or that I don't want to carry one to work since my files may contain important data that I don't want to lose on the bus, and let's also assume that I just want to be able to access my files right from my workplace by using the Cpanel-FileManager. How do I do it?
      I'm just hoping that since I can upload those files/folder using FileManager, I can also download/transfer them to any computer(???).

I will really appreciate any help on how to do that. Thanks a million in advance.

Herman

Comment

No "cleverness" intended.
        I spent a few minutes in my Cpanel trying to save a file outside the server and couldn't solve it before I posted my answer.
        An outside FTP/download service could be an option.
        You can access & edit html from any computer using www.yourdomain.com/cpanel
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

im a little confused. why cant you go to your your public_html file on the server through the ftp tool and bring your file to the harddrive on the new computor. seems simple enough. you can get to the server as long as you have your ip address, username and password
          im sure there are other ways as well
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

A requirement was to not have BV installed on the business computer.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Dear Mrmagoo144,

Thanks for your help. But as Terry said, using the ftp is NOT an option for me since I don't/can't have BVoda on my office computer. That's why I would like to access my picture folder through the FileManager in Cpanel. I can "see" the folder when I log into my Cpanel, but I just don't know how to copy-paste or transfer the entire folder to my local pc.

P.S. I know I can also open each picture contained in the folder inside the web browser, then click "Save as an Image" but it will take me forever since the folder contains hundreds of pix. That's why i would like to transfer/download the ENTIRE folder, or copy-paste it right from the Cpanel, if only someone could tell me how. I was able to upload it entirely, now i want to know how to download it. I hope my explanations are not confusing this time.
              Merci!

Herman

Comment

There is no way to download more than one file at a time with File Manager.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Go into your file manager in Cpanel
                  select the folder you wish to download
                  select compress (extreme right top icon)
                  select "zip archive"
                  check/note where it will be stored
                  click "compress file/s"

in your browser select your website.xxx/nameofyourzipfile.zip
                  and you can save it to your work drive........

delete the zip file from your website after you have downloaded it, just in case!!!!

and please note that every answer you get has been given by volunteers who are NOT trying to be clever, just helpful.

(sorry George.....)
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hola Davidundalucia,

These are the options I see on the upper right corner in my File Manager in Cpanel when I select a folder:

Delete this folder and all files under it
                    Rename this folder
                    Change Permissions
                    Move this folder
                    Copy this folder

I do not see "Compress" and "zip archive" on the extreme right. Am I doing it the right way? By "select", did you mean:
                    1) click on the folder icon ( when I do this, I can see all the subfolders and files contained inside the folder)

or 2) click on the name of folder (The name of the folder appears as a link next to its icon and it provides the options I have listed above).

I am a bit lost whenever dealing with Cpanel/FileManager. So please forgive my many interrogations and requests for more help.

Thanks for your help and comprehension.

Herman

Comment

After a little exploration I see the reason now, why you cannot see and use my guiding instructions.

I am so used to updating items that I forgot that I had changed my Cpanel skin and am now using the rvskinlight skin.

Those instructions will apply if you do the same..........
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Comment

Re: How to build my own website.....?

i am a new user.plz tell me the basics to create my own website

Comment

The most basic thing that you can do, is to read our forum rules and learn NOT to ask your question in another persons thread unless it concerns the subject matter of the thread.

Please ask your question in your own thread........Oh, and welcome to vodaland.
                          Have fun
                          Regards..... David

Comment

I don't know which version of cp you have, but the old versions so NOT have the zipping option.
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
                              After a little exploration I see the reason now, why you cannot see and use my guiding instructions.

I am so used to updating items that I forgot that I had changed my Cpanel skin and am now using the rvskinlight skin.

Those instructions will apply if you do the same..........
                              George, I have the standard Cpanel with an updatabable skin, thats all.
                              Have fun
                              Regards..... David

Comment

Working...
                              X