Password protect sigle page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password protect sigle page

I have a page which is a subdirectory of the domain.
    I wish to have this password protected.
    To the best of my knowledge and understanding I have followed the Cpanel instructions.

The page is http://www.sitesunion.com/Copemem.html.

Where it asks me to click the page to be protected icon, I do not see the pape, but I have published. It is not asking for a password. Where have I gone wrong please.

Do we have a tutorial on this?
    Thank you

Re: Password protect sigle page

Please note that if you have used the control panel feature for password protecting a folder, this will make the ENTIRE folder protected.
    So, the protected page should be in a folder of its own (which you must protect through the Control Panel Prtected Directories feature)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello Naval Design,
      Thank you for the reply. please clarify for this novice, me, Is it not a folder if it is part of the domain? Does this mean that in this instance as per the above mentioned URL it is not a stand alone because it has the domain name ahead of it? Please explain the "folder on its own requirement.
      Thank you very much
      Hans

Comment

Your site is just like your computer. In your computer you have folders (Documents, Images, Music, the BlueVoda folder and all the others that you have cretated on your own, or have been created by the Operating System (Windows) or by other programs.

So, if you want to protect an area in your site using the CP Password Protected Directories feature, you need to create such a folder (ACTUALLY ONE FOR EACH OF YOUR CUSTOMERS). Connect with FTP, browse to your public_html, and then right click anywhere on the blank (white) space on the right part of your screen, select New Folder, and you will be able to enter the new folder name as you like it.

Then go in your CP and password protect the specific folder. You will need to create a username and a password.

Please watch the relevant tutorials.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thank you very much
          Have a good new year.
          Regards
          Hans

Comment

Working...
          X