C-panel Restriction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-panel Restriction

If I wanted to pay someone to access my Cpanel and do work on my web site is their a way, without giving my password? ...or is that the only way?

www.similkameen-okanagonshopping.com
    Jon

"Challenge all policies and procedures regularly."

Re: C-panel Restriction

In order for anyone to access you c-panel they will need to know your IP address, login id and password if you want to give them access to your actual c-panel. I think you could add a password protected folder put a copy of your site in there and give them access to that and not your actual public_html folder and they could work in that, once done you could move everything over your self.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
      In order for anyone to access you c-panel they will need to know your IP address, login id and password if you want to give them access to your actual c-panel. I think you could add a password protected folder put a copy of your site in there and give them access to that and not your actual public_html folder and they could work in that, once done you could move everything over your self.
      That's a neat idea, to be sure, but when you are dealing with any BV-created page that is not your own, it is the same as (and simply easier) just having your 'designer' email you the BV page files along with the source folders so you can maintain Folder integrity prior to publishing things yourself (which also allows you to review/tweak).

In other words, the static BV page files can be emailed back and forth simply enough between anyone, but the key is to email all the contents of the BV Images folder and another 'general' folder you first deposit your images and stuff into before importing them ... that way you preserve the paths before Publishing. No need to create another directory - protected or otherwise. Email does it all, as long as you get it all and always re-populate everything in "mirror" fashion!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ok, that is good information, thank you. No I am using this person for updating the forums php, and adding a template, that is posted in another topic in these forums. Right now I just downloaded CrossLoop, and letting work right off my pc after I have logged into the C-panel. Here is the CrossLoop link for download if you all want to try it I find it very handy the last 2 days.

Join hundreds of millions of others & get free antivirus for PC, Mac, & Android. Surf safely with our VPN. Download Avast!

Besides the above to get back on track, I would create a fold, put everything into it, put a password protect on it, with a link to it. OK, I will give it a shot, hopefully without messing up my c-panel..lol...thankyou all for the helpful information once again.
        Jon

Comment

Assuming your forum is located somewhere like

you can create a ftp account that just gives them access to "forum", where they can manage the forum files themselves. If they need access to some type of database gui, you can download and install phpmyadmin in the forum directory so they don't have to go through cpanel to access it.

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thankyou Watdaflip. I will try that.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
              That's a neat idea, to be sure, but when you are dealing with any BV-created page that is not your own, it is the same as (and simply easier) just having your 'designer' email you the BV page files along with the source folders so you can maintain Folder integrity prior to publishing things yourself (which also allows you to review/tweak).

In other words, the static BV page files can be emailed back and forth simply enough between anyone, but the key is to email all the contents of the BV Images folder and another 'general' folder you first deposit your images and stuff into before importing them ... that way you preserve the paths before Publishing. No need to create another directory - protected or otherwise. Email does it all, as long as you get it all and always re-populate everything in "mirror" fashion!

Ok, now that I have set up a password portect folder. Exactly how would a person access it now; or what information do I give to the person to get to the folder and access it, that is?
              Jon

Comment

?...
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
                  Assuming your forum is located somewhere like

you can create a ftp account that just gives them access to "forum", where they can manage the forum files themselves. If they need access to some type of database gui, you can download and install phpmyadmin in the forum directory so they don't have to go through cpanel to access it.

Whoops, sorry, I guess this is the reply, I was tried out, and meant to question..lol

Ok now I a have locked and created a folder. Now what information do I give to the person to access this folder. (username and password, and a url of somekind?).
                  Jon

Comment

Just create a ftp account for that directory, (in cpanel go to ftp accounts, enter the username, password, and path to directory... ie.. /public_html/directory_name)

Register/Login Script
                    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Ok, I thought of that, I figured it was not secure. Ok. I will do that , thank you.
                      Jon

Comment

Working...
                      X