Awstats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awstats

Could some one explain bascics of Awstats to me. Whats do unique visitors, number of visits, pages, hits, bandwidth all mean exactly?

Also on the Pages-URL (top 25) section it shows that my top URL is /pngfix.*** . What is this page and why is it at the top?

Also it shows that i have errors. (shown below)

HTTP Error codes HTTP Error codes*HitsPercentBandwidth404Document Not Found16890.8 %0206Partial Content126.4 %146.15 KB302Moved temporarily (redirect)52.7 %0
    * Codes shown here gave hits or traffic "not viewed" by visitors, so they are not included in other charts.

What is wrong with my site?

www.citylifelive.co.uk
    Simple Video Production Liverpool - Website video's, corporate video's, event filming, music video's, viral's, motion graphics & 3D animation

Re: Awstats

Sorry about that.
    Could some one explain bascics of Awstats to me. Whats do unique visitors, number of visits, pages, hits, bandwidth all mean exactly?

Also on the Pages-URL (top 25) section it shows that my top URL is /pngfix.*** . What is this page and why is it at the top?

Also it shows that i have errors. (shown below)

HTTP Error codes* Hits Percent Bandwidth
    404 Document Not Found 168 90.8 % 0
    206 Partial Content 12 6.4 % 146.15KB
    302 Moved temporarily (redirect) 5 2.7 % 0
    * Codes shown here gave hits or traffic "not viewed" by visitors, so they are not included in other charts.

What is wrong with my site?

www.citylifelive.co.uk
    Simple Video Production Liverpool - Website video's, corporate video's, event filming, music video's, viral's, motion graphics & 3D animation

Comment

png fix is listed at the top because many of your pages are loading this file as well as the page itself (I don't know if this file is only being included on pages that use a png image, or them all.. I don't know how BV is setup)

As far as what the different stats mean..

Unique visitors is the number if unique IP addresses that have visited your site. For simplicity sake, assume that each IP address is a different person

Number of visits is how many pages each visitor has gone to

A hit is a request for some resource on the server. When you load a page there is the initial hit to load the webpage, each image on the page, requests for external javascript or css files, etc each will make a hit. So on a given page load, it might constitute 20 hits (But this number depends..)

Bandwidth is the amount of data that was transfered from the server (your website) to the users.

The HTTP Error code is giving you statistics on when an error occurs, what % is of certain error types. These are errors pertaining to web pages not being found, sent completely, or redirected.

Hope that helps

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Control panel shows the following

error 404 Document Not Found = 227 hits & 86.9%
        error 206 Partial Content = 29 hits & 11.1%
        error 302 Moved temporarily (redirect) = 5 hits & 1.9%

Also on the Required but not found URLs (HTTP code 404) page it shows errors that do not exist. Errors that I have corrected (but still show) and errors to pages that only have 1 image on them
        (eg. http://www.citylifelive.co.uk/www.ci....co.uk-red.png ). And I know i have not published 1 image alone.

Can anybody explain the problems here, and how to fix them. Thanks

Comment

Matty.. I answered your other post in cpanel. Please dont duplicate posts. Its time consuming.. I could be doing other things and answering other posts.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X