Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging on with Vista

Hi

Bought a new computer with MS Vista, every time I try to log into my cpanel I put useer name and password and it says " Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection)".

I'm pressuming it vista stopping me !!? can anyone help ???

Thanks

Re: Logging on with Vista

Does it stop you.. or just warn you? How are you accessing? www.yoursite.com/cpanel? If so just add your site to the trusted sites in your firewall and you should be fine.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi

It stops me accessing my cpanel, I've tried what you said but its no better, i've also tried turning off windows firewall and then trying it but still it wont let me in.

Comment

You need to shut down windows defender too if its running.. If its not NEVER start that horrid thing. You should be on a 90 day microsoft warrranty where you can call them and they can walk you thru customizing it and getting things to run. Has the machine already UPDATED? I suggest you call them. If the firewall is off and the domain is trusted.. no reason i can think off ..without at least a pot of coffee that you shouldnt be able to access your account.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I've tured off defender etc, but still no joy, this is getting realy frustrating.

I have submitted a ticket, they have changed my password but still no joy !!!!

anymore ideas ???

Comment

Turn off your Vist account management!!! They don't like you doing it but then they shouldn't have bought out such a bad operating system!!

You'll find this in your control panel.

I think we need to get together and sign a petition asking for compensation for all those who are forced to use Vista!! I say forced because on my recent new PC purchase I paid a spe******t to come remove Vista.... it can't be done!! It buggers up the drivers apparently!
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
            X