Awstats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awstats

Hopefully someone can clarify this issue...

Does my IP address get captured as a visitor to my own website?
    My IP address changes often(i think) in a given range and when I reverse IP search the number it gives me a Hughes Network IP number in which is actually who I receive my Internet service from. Point being...awstats is capturing me as a different unique user everytime i visit the site.
    Hopefully that makes sense.
    thanks,

Re: Awstats

Hi Bobrooney,

Everything about you and your computername etc is captured.........

Goto your cPanel and checkout your "awstats" it is very detailed.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I still can't tell which IP(s) are actually me and not someone else. When I do an IP search to find out what my IP # is, I'm given a different number almost every time...therefor I can't tell if my awstats are just simply logging me all the time or actual traffic from different people.

Comment

Bob ...

You can read about how your computer is assigned an ip address and what an ip address consists of and what it means .. and read more on ip assignment here

Zuriatman - it is not the same ip address (that is assisgned to you from voda host to do your publishing to) - NOT THE SAME AT ALL - so I have removed that post ....

Bob .. Here is where you can check your own ip address

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yeah I've been periodically checking my IP address on the link you gave me and it changes to a different number quite often. So if its changing, albeit close numbers, then awstats will be counting me as seperate user each time that my IP changes...which seems to be quite often. Hence awstats, for me, is extremely skewed?

Comment

Working...
          X