Deleting files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting files

I need to remove all my pages on my site to change the names and then re-publish them.
    Ive been using the legacy file manager but i can only delete one file at a time. As my site is very large, this is taking some time.
    Is there any way i can remove all pages in one go?

Thanks

www.citylifelive.co.uk
    Simple Video Production Liverpool - Website video's, corporate video's, event filming, music video's, viral's, motion graphics & 3D animation

Re: Deleting files

BlueFTP should have the capability of deleting files (I can't say for sure I don't use it). If it doesn't you can download a ftp program such as smartftp or cuteftp. At any rate, an actual ftp program on your computer have much more functionality then the file manager in cpanel and will allow you to upload/download/delete multiple files.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

the ftp manager only shows some of the files as my site is very big (over 600 pages )
      Simple Video Production Liverpool - Website video's, corporate video's, event filming, music video's, viral's, motion graphics & 3D animation

Comment

Open your FTP in BV & connect to sever. Click on the right side of you FTP area of your screen then hold
        down the keys “Ctrl A” together to highlight everything on that side of the screen. Then click on red delete cross x.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Before deleting all on the server side folders & files, press Ctrl & left click on any files/folders (to un-highlight )that you want kept. IE: keep the cgi-bin folder.
        If any of this is done via BV FTP, you don’t get a second chance once you have hit delete.

The other alternative is to pop a support ticket with all your details & ask for a site reset, & explain on the ticket that you realise all files will be lost & none retrievable. This will put you back to day 1.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X