Add-on domains - should each have its own folder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joyeau
    Corporal

• Jul 2008

Add-on domains - should each have its own folder?

I have 2 add-on domains, both with the same name as each other but one is a .biz and one a dot.net One add-on is set up as a blog and I want the other one as a landing page built using Blue voda. I named this 1 page landing page 'index' and tried to publish it with no luck. I see on the control panel that there is only 1 folder under the name, so presumably when I try to publish the landing page as 'index' it is rejected as there is already an index in that folder. I can't understand it, as I have other sub-domains, each with an index page and all work perfectly. What can I do to get this to publish? Thanks for any help.

client ID 7464
    Mizzmouse.com
  • davidundalicia
    General

• Mar 2006

Re: Add-on domains - should each have its own folder?

Are you talking addon domains or subdomains....theres a big difference.

if you add the .biz and the .net to the end of the addon domain name in the addon box, then 2 seperate folders should be created for you.

So check that you are creating them properly.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• joyeau
      Corporal

• Jul 2008

They are add-on domains and I'm pretty sure I added the biz and net but will check again. Thanks.

Comment

• joyeau
        Corporal

• Jul 2008

Just checked and the 2 add-on domains have biz and net at the end, but only one folder has been created, and this is the one with Wordpress installed. So still not able to publish my biz page made with Blue voda. Appreciate if you have any other suggestions, and thanks.

Comment

• arialvoyager
          Sergeant

• Sep 2008

If you published pages in an add-on domain,the directory should be public_html/yoursite.biz or public_html/yoursite.net.Include the .biz or .net extension.Hope this helps.
          Make Money Online Thru Teamwork
          The Network Garage
          Online Business Tips
          Lakers Fans

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Originally posted by joyeau View Post
            Just checked and the 2 add-on domains have biz and net at the end, but only one folder has been created, and this is the one with Wordpress installed. So still not able to publish my biz page made with Blue voda. Appreciate if you have any other suggestions, and thanks.
            Wordpress is a php application and has nothing to do with your add-on domains.

In public_html you should have two folders for the two new addon domains that you added.

Publish your "index" page [the landing portal] to the folder without an existing "index" page already. Which should be one of the two addon domains that you added.

All three domains should have their own "index" pages in their respective folders. The first one that you bought should be in your "public_html folder"
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• joyeau
              Corporal

• Jul 2008

Thanks for the help. As there was only 1 folder I created another one myself and named it with the biz extension. I then published the index page and uploaded it to this folder. However, each time I search in Google for the biz domain I am sent to the net domain. I am puzzled, whatever can I be doing that causes this - there is no index in the net folder, just the index php for the Wordpress blog. Any thoughts? Appreciate your help.

Comment

• LadyEye
                General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

You cant just create an add on domain folder, you must go to your control panel and delete this folder you created, log out, log back in again (just a measure I like to do) log back in again, choose the add on domain icon and add on the other domain - then publish an index page to this domain .. public_html/newdomain.net or .biz whichever and all should be good .. remember to delete the folder you created yourself firstly though ... as well ... you publish your index page and all pages created with blue voda .. you don't need to upload ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• joyeau
                  Corporal

• Jul 2008

Thanks. Sadly I have done all this and still no luck. Think I will have to buy another domain name that is different and put that on. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

• LadyEye
                    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by joyeau View Post
                    Thanks. Sadly I have done all this and still no luck. Think I will have to buy another domain name that is different and put that on. Thanks for all your help.
                    No, you shouldnt have to do that ..if you are stuck and would like me to have a look for you to help you out in getting those domains added on, send me an email and I'll do that for you ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                    X