Need some help with CP Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with CP Panel

I am trying to develop 2 websites. My problem is somehow I seem to have gotten my CPanel messed up. The site #1 loads alright. On Site #2, I can't publish the changes that i need to make. When I try to publish changes in index page for Site#2, it overwrites Site #1. Then when I enter site #1 URL in my browser, I get Site #2. This then requires me to republish index page for site #1. The index page then for Site #2 has not changed. Coud I hire someone to look at my CPanel and the two index pages and the links and navigation bar on Site #2 to see what's wrong? David Websites are #1 machiningbythebook.com and #2 webworldaffiliates.com . my email is dcthorn34@verizon.net. Let me know what you will charge me. Regards, David 18769

Re: Need some help with CP Panel

You need to make sure you are publishing to the directory for your second domain name. Chances are you are publishing both to "public_html", which is just overwriting your first website

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks, that was the problem. Regards, David 18769

Comment

hello, i have my site up and i am starting to get familar with cpanel. a lot of it looks confueing and im not sure where to start and the videos don't make sense. i guess my first question is all the files i have published in the site builder is in the cpanel this i know. but do i need to put those files in folders in cpanel?

then how can i reduce my space by compressing what i have?

i will start with those 2 then once i get help in those i will move on to the next.

thank you very much,

kevin

Comment

You publish to a folder/directory. IE: public_html is your main sites folder & where your home page will go. You can place all your site here if you wish. Others often make up more folders to help organize the sites files. So you could publish to public_html/newfolder/ if you wish. As for compression? if you are only planing to have a couple of hundred thousand pages & images, i wouldn't worry.
          PS: You need to open your own thread when asking a question.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
            You publish to a folder/directory. IE: public_html is your main sites folder & where your home page will go. You can place all your site here if you wish. Others often make up more folders to help organize the sites files. So you could publish to public_html/newfolder/ if you wish. As for compression? if you are only planing to have a couple of hundred thousand pages & images, i wouldn't worry.
            PS: You need to open your own thread when asking a question.
            open my own thread what is that?

ok so i have about 50 pages in my site and adding more. what is the cap of pages or space i have, and why does my videos load slow when they are only a couple mins long.

how can i better organize my cpanel, its all confusing

Comment

comment on new thread

Dear Seriousbowlers,

FYI
              To open up a new thread means to:
              Start a new chat or post your questions in new thread. but be sure to create it in the correct section of the forum too.

When you post your own questions in the thread of someone else's, it's called hijacking the thread... a no-no

Randall
              www.SflaMarineRepair.com
              Have a Great day!

Comment

Holly **** hijikeing! now all we need is a unibomber..lol.. thanks for lettin me know, i'm still new lol

Comment

Working...
                X