• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Preston72315
    Sergeant

• Feb 2008

Add-on and cpanel issues help needed

I have gotten myself into a pickle and would really appreciate some help. I originally purchased an account and domain name mediamud.org. This was a few years ago but recently I decided to "bundle" my site and other works into a new company, Win Win Publishing, LLC. I contacted tech support and have accomplished the following:
    1) Purchased the domain name winwinpublishing.com
    2) Backed up the mediamud.org site using cpanel
    3) Had tech support delete the mediamud.org account making winwinpublishing.com the primary account
    4) Used cpanel to add-on medimud.org
    5) Incorrectly uploaded the backup folder to public_html/ but per tech support went back and uploaded the individual files(I still see the backup folder in cpanel and am having trouble deleting it
    6) Received the following errors when uploading the individual files:
    *ftp.mediamud.org-ftp_log: unknown Bytes: 0% Complete FAILED! *:Unknown error or disk quota exceeded.
    *resellers: unknown Bytes: 0% Complete FAILED! :Unknown error or disk quota exceeded.
    *mediamud.org: unknown Bytes: 0% Complete FAILED! :Unknown error or disk quota exceeded.
    *addons: unknown Bytes: 0% Complete FAILED! :Unknown error or disk quota exceeded.
    *nobodyfiles: unknown Bytes: 0% Complete FAILED! :Unknown error or disk quota exceeded.
    *pds: unknown Bytes: 0% Complete FAILED! :Unknown error or disk quota exceeded.
    *sds: unknown Bytes: 0% Complete FAILED! :Unknown error or disk quota exceeded.
    *sds2: unknown Bytes: 0% Complete FAILED! :Unknown error or disk quota exceeded.
    *ssldomain: unknown Bytes: 0% Complete FAILED! :Unknown error or disk quota exceeded.

I contacted tech support and received the following response:

"You must increase your FTP amounts in your control panel:

http://www.vodahost.com/demowolf/x3/cpanel-x3-ftp.html

Thank you,
    Hank
    "

I then reviewed the tutorial but was still not sure what to do(the quotas for the existing FTP accounts indicate unlimited). The tutorial seems to address adding new FTP accounts, is this what I should do?

I also am not sure how to differentiate in the site builder where I will be publishing my pages to. I saved and published a page from my mediamud.org site and when I checked, it was on the winwinpublishing.com site.

As you can probably see, I am very confused. Can you help me with this or direct me to someone who can. At this point I am willing to pay a fee just to quickly get my sites up again.

Thanks for your consideration,

Preston

p.s. I am hoping I can find this message with your reply again, but feel free to email me at pldunn at yahoo.com
    Last edited by Preston72315; 06-01-2009, 05:24 PM. Reason: email address edit
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Add-on and cpanel issues help needed

you need to publish the winwin files in public_html because now this is your main domain related to the account.

IF you have already added the mediamud as add on, (as you state), then cpanel has created a folder (probably called mediamud or something similar)

To publish the mediamud files, you need to publish in this folder, i.e. in public_html/mediamud

The files you received the error for are not important, as long as you correctly FTP the page files, images, etc.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Preston72315
      Sergeant

• Feb 2008

Naval, below is a paste out of my cpanel, As I said, I incorrectly uploaded the backup folder (not the individual files) I went back and did the files individually and now am having trouble deleting that bacup folder for some reason. So, all of my pages(bvp), jpg's, etc should be move and afterwards ftp'd to the mediamud,org folder in _public_html/? What about the mediamud folder inside www? Hey, thanks for your help!

(/home/rbqqrs)
      access-logs

etc

mail

public_ftp

incoming

public_html

cgi-bin

mediamud.org

backup-5.22.2009_09-53-38_rbqqrsbandwidth
      counters
      cp
      dnszones
      fp
      homedir
      httpfiles
      interchange
      logs
      meta
      mm
      mma
      mms
      mysql
      psql
      resellerconfig
      sslcerts
      sslkeys
      suspended
      suspendedinfo
      userdata
      va
      vad
      vf

cgi-bin

tmp

cgi-bin

mediamud.org

backup-5.22.2009_09-53-38_rbqqrs

cgi-bin

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

The text that i see doesn't help very much. Anyway, from what i see, you probably only need the files that are in the "backup" folder (not sure which one is the correct one)

You should (after downloading it) extract the file in a folder in your own computer and the upload them on the sitetaking care to upload everything in the correct folder.

The old content of the public_html will go in the newlly created "mediamud" folder (the one inside public_html)
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Preston72315
          Sergeant

• Feb 2008

Hi again Naval,

Well, thanks for the help. After I put the mediamud.ord files in the _public_html/ folder, my site is up and I can again navigate through the site. Also uploading to either site from sitebuilder I can do.

Will I have to reinstall the ABVFP I received from you? The tell-a-friend and contact page are not working (404 Error) I can go to the pages but the submit button does not open up the thank pages and I would doubt the messages would be sent anyway. I also had a wordpress blog that is now not working. It does say in cpanel "There are no databases associated with your account" Aslo in the databse area in cpanel there is no option for selecting between the two accounts in creating a new database.

Thanks again for your help,

preston

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yes, since the site has been reset, you need to install ABVFP from scratch
            Databases are account independent. Wordpress also must be installed from scratch.
            Navaldesign

Comment

• Preston72315
              Sergeant

• Feb 2008

Thanks Naval, I'll get started!

Preston

Comment

Working...
              X