Uploading zip files to ftp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading zip files to ftp

Very confused and can not seem to find the answer on google or these forums.

I am attempting to upload a script. When i try to upload the zip folder and all it's files, i can only upload one file at a time. I assume it must be possible to upload the zip folder and it's containing files all at once?

I have tried both uploading the file zipped and also extracted, but neither seems to be the right way of going about it?

Any help is appreciated.

Oh yeah here are the installation notes.
    Software requirements: PHP 4.0 or later version.

To install, you should extract the Auction's ZIP file.
    How you do this depends on the operating system you use.
    Once extracted, you will have a directory containing the auction files.

The contents of this directory need to be uploaded to your webserver, either by
    copying the directory or by using an FTP program.

You will then need to run the install script.

To do this you need to open a browser and type in the URL.

If you are running on your own computer, this will be

http://localhost/{auction directory}/install.php

or if on a live server:

http://{www.mydomain.com}/install.php

On this page you need:
    1. Enter connection parameters:
    database host,
    database name,
    database username,
    database password.

2. Enter admin login and admin password,
    that you will use to administer the site.

3. Press on Install button.

That's all!
  • Tom Finley
    Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Re: Uploading zip files to ftp

First, you must upload the extracted folder--a zipped folder or file will be useless. If your problem is you want to upload a bunch of files, google for Filezilla and use that. It has an awful user interface but it works great.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
      First, you must upload the extracted folder--a zipped folder or file will be useless. If your problem is you want to upload a bunch of files, google for Filezilla and use that. It has an awful user interface but it works great.

Ok. Thanks Tom, will check into it.
      That's odd that you need to use a program to upload necessary files for a script. Should let you copy and paste all?

Comment

• Tom Finley
        Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

I'm not familiar with Auction, but if there's a lot to it, FTP Manager will gag. Copy and paste won't do what you want. I used Filezilla to upload vBulletin to my site, FTP Manager wasn't able to handle it.

Best wishes with this.

Comment

I'm not familiar with Auction, but if there's a lot to it, FTP Manager will gag. Copy and paste won't do what you want. I used Filezilla to upload vBulletin to my site, FTP Manager wasn't able to handle it.

Best wishes with this.

I'm on filezilla now and I don't understand any of it. Heck I can't even connect to BV server at the moment.

Comment

• Tom Finley
            Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Here's the info on how to use Filezilla. It starts off by explaining how to connect to the server. You'll need your user name, which is the nonsensical name you see on the Blue Voda publish window when you click the publish icon. The password is also the one you've been assigned by VH. I think Port 21 will do, if not, try Port 25. Once you've connected to the server, you'll be able to browse for the files on your hard drive (in the left side of the Filezilla screen), browse for the folder you want to upload to (on the right side) and simply drag and drop from left to right. The other windows tell you stuff, but you don't need to worry about them.

Comment

Here's the info on how to use Filezilla. It starts off by explaining how to connect to the server. You'll need your user name, which is the nonsensical name you see on the Blue Voda publish window when you click the publish icon. The password is also the one you've been assigned by VH. I think Port 21 will do, if not, try Port 25. Once you've connected to the server, you'll be able to browse for the files on your hard drive (in the left side of the Filezilla screen), browse for the folder you want to upload to (on the right side) and simply drag and drop from left to right. The other windows tell you stuff, but you don't need to worry about them.

Thanks for your time.
              Very well laid out!

Comment

• Collectors-info
                General

• Feb 2006

Just as a note! & i might of read it wrong. But I think VH has the c panel facility of opening a zip folder on line turned off for security reasons. As i am sure i read in the c panel instructions that this was possible, but could be disabled by the SP.
                But this wont stop you uploading a zip file & having it as a download.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi,

"I am attempting to upload a script. When i try to upload the zip folder and all it's files, i can only upload one file at a time. I assume it must be possible to upload the zip folder and it's containing files all at once?"

I can upload the whole folder using the Blue FTP in the BlueVoda Tools.

I dont see any reason why you cant????????????????
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Collectors-info
                    General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
                    Hi,

"I am attempting to upload a script. When i try to upload the zip folder and all it's files, i can only upload one file at a time. I assume it must be possible to upload the zip folder and it's containing files all at once?"

I can upload the whole folder using the Blue FTP in the BlueVoda Tools.

I dont see any reason why you cant????????????????
                    Uploading is no problem, but can you open the zip file at the server end. It might be because it can contain exe files inside that cant be seen until opened.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                    X