• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • start living
    Special Status

• Apr 2008

FTP password matters.

I am trying to use the FTP facility on the BV site, it requires a Username and Password, which is this? The normal Cpanel UW and PW... I tried but it repeatsdly gives me the pull down menu requesting the password over and over.
    Please advice someone.
    Thank you
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: FTP password matters.

Your browser is dumping the cookie. This happens alot if you are using AOL.. try doing it in explorer.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• start living
      Special Status

• Apr 2008

In addition to my first password query, please tell me also if I must change the FTP numbers on the puldown menu when I try to connect to the numbers I usually use when entering the Cpanel. With the numbers which are in the field when the pull down menu opens it will not accept my UN and PW.

Comment

• start living
        Special Status

• Apr 2008

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
        Your browser is dumping the cookie. This happens alot if you are using AOL.. try doing it in explorer. Karen
        Hi Karen, I only have internet explorer, I do not have AOL... what is AOL?

Why is the number that is in the little pull down menu different to the one I normally use when entering cpanel? Must I change it to the one which I normally use to enter the cpanel?
        Thank you

Comment

• Karen Mac
          General

• Apr 2006

What are you using to ftp? Most of the time you just put your domain name in as the server without the http://www.

Then user name and password. If using blue ftp.. then yes.. you must use the server number.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• start living
            Special Status

• Apr 2008

Hi Karen, Thank you for the interest. please let me explain the full envisaged modis operandi. The object of the excercise is to build my white list for a target market of Forex Traders.
            I have a program which is my concept and is copyrighted to me. I am now producing the Pro version. The one I have and use very profitably is miniscule compared to the PRO version. I have spoken about the small one on various forums and people are for ever asking me to send then the files. I have decided that I will give this away as a marketing ploy for the big one which I will launch later. I will give the persons who have the small one a discount, in telling them this I am building their curiosity for the big one and getting my list in order. i shall pre-send the manual for the big one getting the excitement going. It is truly a concept which will make the traders sit up.
            This is how I see it... I send the person to my download page
            http://www.sitesunion.com/padownload.html (the chart is not linked to anything at this time) for this I have to have a position from which the download will be taken. An URL which holds those 3 zip files. I have on my desk top 3 files ready zipped which are the files that they will get.
            1. These have to be published into a page, for this I will use FTP (if I can get this to work.) as i need a URl to link the chart to.
            2. I have to still find out how I can protect this URL which is downloaded by them. I do not want them spreading it. ie They must be able to down load this and not spread it all round the forex trade. All the emails I gather will be sitting in my AR (get response).
            This is my quest.
            Your help is once more much appreciated.
            thank you

Comment

Working...
            X