• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachblue
    Sergeant

• Mar 2009

Anybody else having password problems ?

For the past 5 days any new email account or domain name set up I try hits a problem with entering a new password. It keeps telling me the password is too weak and to choose one with a strength over 70. The passwords I try have been as high as 98 and still get kicked out. If I use the password generator it gives me a really stupid looking password of letters, numbers and symbols that a mastermind would have great difficulty in remembering but it gets accepted.

I have put in a support ticket and not received a satisfactory answer, in fact for the first time ever I got replies from someone who had not even read my support ticket in full. They told me to use the password generator !! Then they told me the system has been upgraded to strengthen password security. I was quite happy before with my 34/100 passord that I can remember and feel that if I choose to use it I should be allowed to. This is an example of what the password generator hands out and that is after removing the symbol option 3duz1Phsfzr8, come on now this is not an improvement. Is anybody else having the same problem ?
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Anybody else having password problems ?

Nope, and I had to change passwords on many VH accounts, all sucessfully and all 100% strong. It's done for your benefit, so choose wisely.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Karen Mac
      General

• Apr 2006

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• SherylT
        Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2007

Same thing has been happening to me today. I have requested Password change, received an email, copied the confirmation code in. I then go to the Control Panel and change password as instructed. I get a box saying password accepted, but when I try to login again with new password, I get login failed screen.
        Sheryl Tupa
        Cust-M-Cartoons -- 10% Discount Code: "FORUM"
        Personalized Cartoons For Everyone and Personalized Music CDs for Kids
        New Baby Cartoons
        Personalized Cartoons to announce your new arrival!
        Cloud Nine Photo Magic
        Specializing in unique children & pet portraiture

Comment

Working...
        X