• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GreenSpeed
    Corporal

• Jun 2009

Installing php-fusion

Ok Im trying to install php-fusion on my site. Its like mambo or joomla except I cant do it through fantastico so I dont know what to do.

I unzipped the files and uploaded them into my root / public directory. everything is there, but how do I go about opening it and setting it up on my website.

Ive viewed tutorials online that say you just open the index.php page and set it up the same way you set things up with fantastico. The only problem is that index justy opens as code. I can open it in expression web or something liek that, but it doesnt open in a way that I can install the pages and directories.

Does this make any sense? please help or ask more information needed to help.

thanks!
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Installing php-fusion

fusion is a side server installation and you will have to contact vodahost for this..and probably an associated fee for running it on the server.. unless this is a seperate program to mock cold fusion.

Even at that .. you will have to follow their directions for manually installing it.. i cant begin to tell you.. i dont know the program.. not gonna go look it up to learn it. Generally they have full documentation including setting up your database and running the connect to database and installing the program.

The index php most likely contains the CONFIGURATION of your your access to the server and any databses it needs so that when you type in the name of the site it runs the install. You shoudl be able to open it with NOTEPAD

You should contact whomever you purchased from and find out info from them.. or have them install it for you

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• GreenSpeed
      Corporal

• Jun 2009

It was free. It would be the same thing as if I wanted to install mambo or joomla manually, instead of using fantastico.

In fact I tried installing Mambo manually for practice and I couldnt make that work either.

You know how when you install something through fantastico and it brings up that menu where you create an install directory, admin name and password, and so forth. I dont know how to get that when installing something manually to my account. the files are there to get to it, but their in php format and the only when to view them are in text format, like as you suggested with notepad. but I need it to open up and run what the text is calling for so I can install it to my domain by creating an install directory, admin name and password. like I said the files are there, but in the file manager, how do I run them?

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

as i said.. im not going to go find out.. generally as i said you must CONFIGURE the files. Sometimes it involves createing a database, user and password and simply adding these things where required as well as ftp access.

You will need to ask the MANUFACTURER or ask someone to install or PAY someone to do it for you.

If you submit your program in a support ticket they will install it for you also for a fee.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X