Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding pages to a subdomain?

I Need help!
    First time with sub-domains! My website is www.benefitplace.biz. I create a new "sub-domain", www.vesta-worksite.benefitplace.biz. How do I add pages to this sub-domain?

Thanks,
    Phil

Thanks - but I am still stuck!

When I set-up a new page for the "index" page of the subdomain, what exactly do I save it as? Then where do I find the BV folders for saving?

Thanks,

Phil

Hello

My site is www.benefitplace.biz. I created a subdomain, vesta-worksite. I want to move, or copy, a page in the primary site that is titled vesta-about to this new subdoman - along with some other pages. How do I do this?

thanks,

Phil

Still Trying!

It seems the pages in the primary domain need to be renamed, and in the subdomain, before they can be published. How could I publish the page named "about" that is in the primary domain from that domain to the subdomain?

Thanks again!

Phil

Thanks for the help on a previous thread! Getting there!

My website is www.benefitplace.biz. I have created a subdomain and now have eight pages, including an "index" in the subdomin that is named: vesta-worksite. If I am correct, I need to publish these pages to : public_html/vesta-worksite, where to I add the page name, like "plans" to this series and where do I enter this for publishing?

Thanks for the help!

Phil

I need help!

My website is www.benefitplace.biz. I have created a subdomain and now have eight pages, including an "index" in the subdomin that is named: vesta-worksite. If I am correct, I need to publish these pages with: "public_html/vesta-worksite/" in the series. Where do I add the page name, such as "plans" to this series and where do I enter this for publishing? Does ".html" go at the end of the series? What becomes the complete URL for this published page?

Thanks,

Phil

I need help!

My website is www.benefitplace.biz. I have created a subdomain and now have eight pages, including an "index" in the subdomin that is named: vesta-worksite. If I am correct, I need to publish these pages with: "public_html/vesta-worksite/" in the series. Where do I add the page name, such as "plans" to this series and where do I enter this for publishing? Does ".html" go at the end of the series? What becomes the complete URL for this published page?
    Last edited by Collectors-info; 11-18-2009, 06:52 AM. Reason: Repeated questions on same subject.
    www.BenefitPlace.biz

Re: Adding pages to a subdomain?

Publish new pages to public_html/vesta-worksite/
    Remember to create a new folder on your machine under the Bluevoda folder to save overwriting pages from your benefitplace.biz site.
    You will also have to create an index page for the new site/(sub domain)
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You still save it as 'index' but save it to a NEW folder within your other BV pages.

Call the folder 'Vesta-worksite' and save all the site related pages in it.
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: Moving a page from domain to subdomain

Just publish the pages to public_html/vesta-worksite/
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

No they dont need to be renamed. You just need a seperate folder in BV to contain all your new pages.

Failure to do so will cause you to overwrite the pages for your primary domain as I am sure you seem to be finding out.

I think you do something like this

File > Save as (at this point create a new folder) and save the page(s) to this.
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Try not to duplicate threads....gets confusing!!

It was answered here as well http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/cpa...subdomain.html
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Post have been merged. Please do not repeat posts or they will be deleted!
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hyperlinking from subdomains

Hello

My site is www.benefitplace.biz. I have set up a subdomain, vesta-worksite. I have created 9 pages in that subdomain and need to create hyperlinks between pages. What do I type in the hyperlink box for the URL to differentiate the pages. For the page titled "About" would the URL in the Hyperlink box be: www.benefitplace.biz/vesta-worksite/about.html?

Thanks for the help!

Phil

www.BenefitPlace.biz

Comment

Re: Hyperlinking from subdomains

Yep....

Why don't you publish page by page and test your links as you go along?
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

You can verify your hyperlinks in BV>Tools>Verify Links before publishing.
                    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
                      You can verify your hyperlinks in BV>Tools>Verify Links before publishing.
                      You cant verify links if the pages are not published.

Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Eides View Post
                        Hello

My site is www.benefitplace.biz. I have set up a subdomain, vesta-worksite. I have created 9 pages in that subdomain and need to create hyperlinks between pages. What do I type in the hyperlink box for the URL to differentiate the pages. For the page titled "About" would the URL in the Hyperlink box be: www.benefitplace.biz/vesta-worksite/about.html

Thanks for the help!

Phil
                        You have been asked not to repeat questions on the same subject in new posts.
                        www.vesta-worksite.benefitplace.biz/about.html & not
                        www.benefitplace.biz/vesta-worksite/about.html
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

This question was not the same! My question is about hyperlinking the pages to other pages!

Please Help!

Phil
                          www.BenefitPlace.biz

Comment

Phil....Read this thread thoroughly. At one point you actually answered your own question because I confirmed what you had already worked out for yourself. You need to publish these pages and test your links. If you still cant get the linking to work publish and post the page here with the links on it so we can test it for you.
                            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
                            X