This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have published but can't get online?

I finally published my pages to the url supplied by vodahost for www.lonelyobject.com - I am unsure what I need to do next - unclear if I still need to upload them ?
    When I view file manager - it has the words "incoming" in the public_ftp folder, in the public_html folder I have the one image from my home page in a jpg, and gif version plus one other file - text/generic.

The files that I have published, I don't understand where these are - do I upload them to the public_html folder from the control panel? - or do I need to do it a different way? do I have to download more software to actually get my website online ? - the files that I have published are still in their original format .bvp files - so I am a bit confused - have watched the tutorials but seem to miss something - please help, thanks in advance for patience & understanding.

m

Re: Have published but can't get online?

Looks like you haven't pointed your domain at your VH server from your domain provider. It seems to be pointing at ..................

ns1.whois.net.au
    ns2.whois.net.au
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks , yea I did that allready, forgot to mention it,how did you check that as I have to log in to my domain provider?, I did check it but will again - is there another way to see that info?-p.s I can see all the files after I uploaded via the cp - just can't get online ?
      regards
      mark

Comment

You can go somewhere like http://www.who.is/ and it will give you some information about the domain. The name servers havn't been changed to those of Voda. They are still showing as per Chris's post above. Have you gone into your domain control panel and changed these? Can take up to 24 hours to propogate.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thank you Chris and Darren

I am online and you were both right, my problem was that I thought that because I purchased the domain name from whois.com I would need to change the name servers as instructed - however - I could not locate my order witht them - it turns out that I in fact needed to go to the distributeit.com company ( whois is a reseller for them ! ) when I went there I found it straight away - updated the servers and lo and behold it works! :))))

Many thanks for your help - I now have a working index page and can get going - yeehaa

Comment

Working...
          X