Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with CPanel, help is required please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with CPanel, help is required please.

I have a major problem within CPanel which is now affecting 7 out of 8 sites that I currently have published.

This thread is likely to be quite long so I hope that someone has the patience to read through it fully and then, offer some appropriate advice/support.

When I first started to experience the problems described below, I opened a ticket with Customer Support who informed me that they couldn't help and have instructed that I post this thread outlining my problems, in the hope than an 'expert/moderator' can help me sort this mess out.

My technical knowledge of CPanel is not at expert status so I may well be missing something very basic, but as I am on my own trying to correct matters, I'll try and deal with this in a logical order so that the reader can understand clearly what problems I am experiencing.

I opened my account with the domain name www.weddinginsurancecomparison.com(WIC), all subsequent add-on domains therefore, fell under this main account.

This domain, along with 6 others, has developed these problems:

1. Images not displaying
    2. Navigation bar not displaying in some instances
    3. Some links no longer active
    4. Published pages missing

I have initially tried to correct, this by again publishing the index.html for WIC, but get the following error message: ERROR: 550 Can't change directory to public_html/weddinginsurancecomparison.com: No such file or directory.

Looking in CPanel and searching for this domain, I am presented with an un-named folder which contains a copy of every page I have published and every domain and add-on domain that I have registered.

However, there is not a WIC file in the public-html and there are no results returned when I search in File Manager.

It therefore seems to me, that the folder has either been deleted or moved from the public_html file (which is why I can't publish).

This would seem to be supported by the fact that images are not being displayed on other sites, as they must have been moved from their original location.

These problems occurred after I downloaded the latest version of the website builder, so they may well be related.

My sites are monetised and the subject of ongoing marketing. Through a good deal of hard work, I have been able to get some of them ranking high in Google which in turn, is producing traffic. But I lose all credibility when the visitor clicks on my URL link and is presented with utter rubbish.

I am amazed that Customer Support couldn't sort this out, so I now rely on forum members for help.

Please assist in any way possible.

Dek

Re: Major problem with CPanel, help urgently required

Have you tried publishing to just public_html/weddinginsurancecomparison/
    Do you also have some of the other domains you are having problems with.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Problem with CPanel, help is required please.

Thanks for the quick response.

I have tried publishing to the public_html folder but get the error message that the file does not exist.

I am having problems with 7 out of 8 sites!

Dek

Comment

What is your 1st site you published with VH that would of been in the public_html folder. Plus at least one other of your sites url.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I've sorted out the image and navigation problems; this was down to hot links.

The 1st site that I set up with VH was www.weddinginsurancecomparison.com but there is no longer a file for this in the public_html folder. Somehow it has moved or changed location and that is why I cannot publish - I would guess.

Any thoughts?

Dek

Comment

Any thoughts? Not unless you answer the questions on the last 2 post
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Sorry Chris, missed that point!

The first site that I published was www.weddinginsurancecomparison.com I then added the domain www.weddinginsuranceireland.com a further site is www.vtechphones.info

I have no problems now with the last two sites, just the ongoing problem with the first site, it's file is not in the public_html folder and I am still getting the same error message as a consequence, I cannot change, correct or update that site.

Dek

Comment

If its for your 1st site which is www.weddinginsurancecomparison.com The 1st page will be called index (Same with all sites) Is it this one you are trying to update & are publishing to public_html, & have you got your publishing area set to "publish all files".
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris, yes I have pblished as index.html and ensured that 'publish all files' has been selected from the publishing drop down menu.

The nub of the problem lies within the public_html folder in Cpanel and the error message that I am getting when trying to publish my index.html folder to it - it no longer exists.

Do you know of any way that I can reinstate it in CPanel; iot seems to me, that if it can be reinstated/installed the problem should be rectified.

Really, many thanks for your help, I'm up the creek without a paddle so it is good to know that some help is at hand.

Dek

Comment

You publish as index only to public_html. No extensions should be added to the page.
                    The public_html folder i would of thought must be there as your site is up & running.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                    X